How much are property taxes in Glenburn ND? I know it will vary, but roughly what is the range?

Asked by Angels.aerangels, Moorhead, MN Wed Jul 18, 2012

Im interested in buying a house and would like to know the range, somewhere around $100 or closer $2000? Im not even in the pre-qualify stages yet, just browsing the listsings, so I dont want to contact an agent and get them hounding me with info I'm not ready for yet. Thanks for any info...

Answers

1
Lloyd Ann Ca…, Agent, 701-833-9017, ND
Wed Jul 18, 2012
To determine the property taxes on a specific or generic property in Glenburn the best thing you can do is call the County Tax Assessor at 701-857-6431. Ask what the cost per $1000. is in Glenburn. They should be able to give you that number.
In Minot it is $14.05 per 1000 dollars on a single family home...... So, if you are buying a house for $150,000. then your taxes would be figured like this. 150 X $14.05 = $2,107.50

When you buy any home the taxes for you will be different than what the current owners pay because you are probably going to be paying more for the house than the previous owners were valued at.

The amount the County will give you will be the amount for last year....2011. The new amounts will not come out until the end of the year, so you can expect that the amount will rise some.

Hope this helps....and do keep in mind that the amount of the taxes is prorated, so when you buy your house you will get credit on your settlement statement for the period that the previous owners owned the home. That will usually be put in your escrow account, and 1/12 of the amount will be added to your payment each month so that at the end of the year, when the taxes are due, you will have enough or close to enough to cover the cost. Your lender will keep watch on this, and will send you a statement each year showing you what the taxes were and when they were paid, and will adjust your payment for the upcoming year so the next year you will have enough to cover the cost or most of the cost in your escrow account.

You mentioned you didn't want an agent hounding you...most agents will treat you with respect, and honor your wishes...I will admit we ask a lot of questions, but that is only because if we don't know your situation and challenges we can't help you accomplish your goals.

Hope your home hunting is a great experience for you!
Thank you, you did have a lot of helpful, specific info for me that I wanted to know. We have never bought a home, but it has been my experience that in asking one question (in sales of any sort) you get much more than you want to know and get stuck either on the phone or in person, nodding or ahh'ing and uh-huh'ing, when you really were not prepared for it. They ask all sorts of questions you dont want to answer, and so as not to be rude, you get stuck answering them... We just didnt want to go that route just yet. I appreciate your knowledge and time here! Thanks!
Flag Wed Jul 18, 2012