Rachael Koger, Home Buyer in Altoona, WI

How long does it typically take between an offer and moving day?

Asked by Rachael Koger, Altoona, WI Mon Dec 30, 2013

The amount of time really depends on your lender. If you are pre-approved (which I strongly recommend) the closing time can range form 30-90 days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 31, 2013
Thanks I also plan to be preapproved
Flag Tue Dec 31, 2013

In the Eau Claire area it usually takes 30 days for a normal loan home purchase. If you are doing a Shortsale it can take much longer. Let me know if you need anything.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 31, 2013
An average is about 45 days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Generally it takes between 30-60 days depending on many factors including financing and other contingencies that need to be satisfied. For many cases, it is usually right around the 45 day mark from when an offer is accepted.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Typically between 30-45 days; this is mostly dependent on your mortgage lender to have the time they need to get everything in order (inspections completed, appraisal back, underwriting requirements met, etc.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Hello Rachael Koger,
Good afternoon.
I would say 15 days at the fastest to 2 months at the longest. Depend on if the buyer is preapproved. Depends on if the seller is trying to move into a new home, and the deadlines with that. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out. I am licensed in Wisconson.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
There are some questions that need to be answered to determine the time frame. If the offer is accepted under 8 weeks if your mortgage is straight forward.
Good luck to you,
I think based on my own personal experiences, the average waiting time is about a month to a month and a half for clearcut cases (no issues whatsoever) but the maximum I have waited was a total of 3 months and that experience included financing and so on. However, during that long wait, we utilized the time fully with the packing, loading, and removal of our belongings so as not to waste time.
Unless otherwise stated, the date of occupancy aka "Moving Day"...is immediately upon closing. That is a negotiable term which would be best discussed between your Lender and your Agent. The underwriting of loans vary greatly depending on what type they are...FHA, VA, Conventional, WHEDA...and can take anywhere from days to months. The advice given here is very solid. Meet with your Lender, discuss the best loan program, get your preapproval letter, meet with your agent, discuss your timeline, find a home and choose your closing date accordingly. Once your offer is accepted, stay diligent as to what the Lender needs for the underwriting of the loan. Any delay in receipt of documents could potentially delay your closing or potentially ruin the deal.
It depends on whether it is a traditional sale involving agents, buyer, seller (homeowner), it can be as short as 30-60 days if you need a loan. If it is a short sale, it can take months say anywhere from 2months - year! There are too many factors that determine the amount of time that a transaction may take from start to finish hope this helps you.

Also, if you are looking for an agent in WI I can definitely help you. For real estate worldwide, whether you need a home in Wisconsin, New York, Florida, Chicago, Canada - anywhere in the world for that matter - there is no better place to begin and end your search than Century 21 Real Estate.

You can reach me at:

"Typical" processes take 30-45 days but that varies a lot with type of loan, lender, agent and your requested closing date placed on the offer to purchase. Other variables are sellers ability to move out, inspection results, your current lease(if you have one), tenants rights, etc. Remember, once your offer is accepted, you will be going thru an orderly & scheduled set of events that have the ability to fail your purchase or delay it. You will not be assured of reaching closing until very near your projected closing date(like a few days).