How long does it take from the time the bank took the property back to it being listed on MLS?

Asked by Anne, Richmond, VA Sun Aug 31, 2008

Answers

4
Darrell A. C…, , Berkeley, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
It can vary. Maybe a few days. Not long. Thats the main interest of the bank. To turn it over. The property will usually be sold in a short sale within 30 days after the foreclosure to a new person.
Dave Sutton, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Apr 18, 2010
There's no real way to predict. This department at most every bank is overwhelmed with the volume of foreclosures and they are struggling to make good decisions. I'd guess it will be a month at the very least, and may well be the 0 months the other agent said.
Dave Sutton, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Apr 18, 2010
Arthur G. Wh…, Agent, Alameda, CA
Mon Apr 12, 2010
Annie,

It varies greatly. In the past I have seen lapses of 3, 6, 9 months, even a year. Banks are not particularly good at owning and selling real estate. I pursued a short sale for 3 months with a client, only to see it drop off the MLS, go to foreclosure, not sell at the court house steps, and disappear from the market for 4 months. We persisted and wrote an offer as soon as it came back. We got it!

Is there something in particular that interests you? Let's discuss it.

-Art White
ARTHUR G. WHITE, SRES, LL.B.
Licensed Real Estate Broker, Realtor®
Red Oak Realty
Cal. DRE Lic. #01273793
e-mail: art@artwhite.com