How long does it take for a Guaranteed USDA loan to be approved?

Asked by Lynn, Shasta County, CA Fri Aug 6, 2010

We are suppose to close on Aug 18th..We have all inspections,appraisel,done,everything was fine..I have been approved for my loan and went through underwriting just fine..Everything was sent off to USDA Yesterday..What is the turn around on these?

Answers

5
Rubenramos395, Home Buyer, Los Osos, CA
Sun Dec 23, 2012
i got pre aproved for usda home loan an now its in escrow.I past my 17 day period its getting aproved again ,but i max out my khols card for the holidays.I always pay my bills on time would that efect me.
Usda Mortgage…, , Jacksonville, FL
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Generally 45 days from the time of contract. Times can also depend on state and county. Please visit http://www.usdamortgagesource.com for more information
Daniel Del R…, Agent, Modesto, CA
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Lynn, just confirmed with my lender it was a guaranteed USDA loan. They usually take 45 days to complete depending on condition. Mine had a few conditions which could have been to blame for the 60 day close.
It sounds like you have a clean file and house I'm sure your lender will deliver. Its a great product and definitely worth the extra time and effort.

Daniel Del Real
Lynn, Home Buyer, Shasta County, CA
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Hi Daniel,Thanks for the Info...The ones you worked on were they Direct USDA? Or Guaranteed USDA? I know that the Direct Loans are very Lengthy Like 60 days,But I was told that the Guaranteed ones don't take as long?
I have home owners insurance secured,all appraisels and inspections done,and nothing was called out ...so no repairs need to be done..
I have a Gauranteed USDA Loan.,and have already been approved and went through underwriting with my lender,Now just waiting for USDA on their end....Blaw !!!
My Lender told me he should hear something this week when I spoke to them...So I guess we will see huh?
I was curious on how others have come out of one of these Loans,and how long it took?
Would be great which type of loan you worked with?
Daniel Del R…, Agent, Modesto, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
I've had 2 buyers with USDA loans. They both took almost 60 days. They usually have to get an extra inspection which can cause delays if any repairs are called. If inspection and appraisal is done and no conditions were called then you just need to wait for their really slow underwriting. Today being the 9th you really need to get out of underwriting by this week.

If you get docs by Friday the 13th you can sign that day and fund by Tuesday the 17th to record by the 18th.

If you don't get docs by Friday you need to ask for an extension as you will eventually go over your contract period. If this happens you will be out of contract.

I hope this helpsGood Luck,

Daniel Del Real, CRS
Web Reference:  http://www.DanielDelReal.com