How long do you have to wait after a bankruptcy to buy a house. I have good credit and $40,000 to put down.

Asked by Kathy Walsh, Melbourne, FL Tue Jun 10, 2014

Answers

4
Anna Miedona, Agent, Shrewsbury, NJ
Tue Jun 10, 2014
Hi, This depends on a lot of factors. The best answers you will get contacting your local lender/ mortgage person. She / He can run some reports and help with building a good record for you. I know it worked before foe few people I know. Good luck!
Harold Lear, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 12, 2014
There are lenders that will give you a loan after bankruptcy but you could end up with a higher rate or you may have to bring in a larger down payment...Here is another option... How about Credit restoration? It works, we can remove all negative items from your credit report including bankruptcy. Its not cheap so for those that can't pay upfront... we have come up with a program where we Pay it Forward and you pay us back when its done.
858-945-1047
Amy Lucas, Agent, Indialantic, FL
Thu Jun 12, 2014
A bankruptcy remains on your credit report for up to 7 years so qualifying with a mortgage lender would be very tough. It is possible, however, to find an owner who is willing to do owner financing (in which the owner holds the note) since you have that much to put down. Please feel free to contact me for more help.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Jun 10, 2014
You could buy on the next day if you wanted to and had cash. Your question should be more like how long before I can get a loan to buy a house.
everyone else understood what I meant, and I put I had 40,000 to put down not buy.
Flag Wed Jun 18, 2014