Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

Rukm, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

How is the market in Frisco. Looking to buy a home soon... Is it more of a buyers or sellers market? Thanks

Asked by Rukm, Frisco, TX Wed Aug 10, 2011

Frisco,TX is selling well. There are great homes at great prices. I have been pleasantly surprised at the offerings. just in case you question, take a look and see.

Kathy Hines / Broker As.
Keller Williams
It depends on the price point, Frisco is doing very well and I am struggling to find my buyers enough choices, invetory is very low in the middle to low price point in excellent maintained condition and the ones that are priced correct and in fantastic condition are selling very quickly.
It is a Buyers market by all means but that doesn't mean you are going to get a great deal. You have to be within reason when making an offer. Frisco is one of the top market in our area for total home sales. Homes are moving in Frisco
Web Reference: http://nhsdallas.com
I received our Netreis Activity Report (MLS) for September 2011 this week which covers all of the Dallas Metroplex. In respect of Frisco the # of home sales are up 6% on same time last year, with the average sales price also up 3% to $289,690. The average days on market at all price points within Frisco is 76 days.
As I am sure you are aware mortgage rates are at record lows right now which equates to huge savings in your monthly payment or enables you to purchase more home for you money.
In my experience homes priced within the $175,000 to $300,000 that are "move in ready" and staged well in Frisco are selling within 60 days.
If you would like more customized information please don't hesitate to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
It depends on your price range....under $400,000 seems pretty even.
As you move up the scale, probably more of a buyers market.
It really depends on what you want and where you want to live.
There are foreclosures available if you don't mind a bit of work, like paint and carpet.

When you are ready to start looking please let us know.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Frisco is still generally a buyer's market. But, each price range is a little different. For example, luxury properties are still sluggish and a deep buyer's market. But, $150,000 to $350,000 - Frisco homes are selling very well if in good condition. We try hard to educate the seller on why their home should be listed at a specific price, and then take them to the homes of their closest competition for showings. This let's them know that the bar is high in terms of market readiness, specifically in regard to condition, and they better get those last minute to-do list items done before the sign goes in the yard. We have savvy buyers, and they're going to pick the best of the best in their range of personal investment.
Have a blessed day!
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
Far North Dallas Suburbs: Serving Prosper, Frisco, McKinney, Celina, and Little Elm
Buyers market. Now is a GREAT time to buy.

Most important is finding a realtor that will work for you, helping you find THE right house at THE right price for you. Sellers pay the realtor fees. Buyer agent service is FREE to you. Find an agent that will work to get you what you want, not just what's easy for them.

I've lived in Frisco-Plano area over 30 years. I've watched it grow and know the area. I live in Frisco now and have children in the schools. My mission is to help my customers find a house for a home and an investment.

How can I serve your housing needs?

Anna Henderson
Buyer's market from what I'm seeing. My clients have been able to be picky on what they want. I have also done some pre-listing inspections in Frisco lately for homeowners who want to get their home in tip-top shape before putting it on the market for a quicker sale.

When buying in Frisco, and other areas in the DFW metroplex, make sure to get your home inspected by a thorough inspector. Some homes are built better than others and you don't want to get stuck with a money pit.

Systematic Home Inspections
Good question. It depends on the price range and the condition of the property. If it's distressed, it will sit on the market. If it's overpriced...at all, it will sit on the market. I don't think there are "general" market conditions.

However, interest rates are as cheap as Halloween candy. We've been hearing they were going up for a while now and it just has not happened. After the announcement yesterday, I don't think they will for a while and that's the big money maker right now...the incredible amount of interest you save between a 4.5% note and an 8% note! Cash in the bank.

So, if you are looking to buy soon, get to know the area you want to buy in. Get to know the price fluctuations and what you get for your money. Do some research so you are an informed buyer when you jump in the market and so will make a great purchase decision.

Let me know if I can be any service. I know Frisco well!

Best regards
Helen karuba
The market overall in Frisco is great right now. We have sold over 5 homes in last two months in Frisco. I feel my buyers are getting lot newer homes, upgrades and better $ per square foot price in Frisco compare to nearby cities such as Plano. It is hard to say whether it is a seller's or buyer's market., Buyers definitely have choices in Frisco to pick from but A house with right price will sell at the price Seller wants to sell it.
Contact me if you need help in finding a perfect home for the BEST price.

Bela Shah
Keller Williams Realty Frisco Star
According to the North Texas Real Estate Information Systems data that came out today in reference to Frisco, compared to last year home prices are up 1% however people are still buying. Homes average 77 days on the market. Where people are mainly seeing the best savings are in reference to mortgage interest rates which went down significantly today. FHA and VA rates are at 3.875% and Conventional rates are at 4%. These rates are nearly unheard of. The rate obviously helps lower your monthly payment. If you would like more data please feel free to contact me. Below is my information and I would love to help you find a great home.

Mandi Gossick
Keller Williams Frisco Stars
That is wide open questions with many more questions from a Realtor to assist you

Are you referring to Collin County OR Denton County . At what price point?

Direct Link of sales reports

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
Hi Rukm,

It is more of a buyers market currently. However, buyers are being extremely picky and tend to wait for the best home to pop up on the market. There are then often multiple offers on the best homes so this complicates the answer. There are listings out there that have been on the market a long time and the sellers may be ready to negotiate a better deal for you. But those new listings that are in great shape and at the top of the value for the market you may have to fight for.

You need an agent who can find the type of property that is right for you and work on your behalf to get you the best deal possible. That may be an orphan that is overdue for a sale or it may be the next home that hits the market.

Patrick Jackson
The Market in Frisco for buyers is excellent right now. In the last 45 days I have had 3 closings in Frisco and each of those clients got great deals on the homes they bought. I have sold two in the trails and one in Heather Ridge. I also have a listing in Heather Ridge that went under contract in 8 days on the market. I would be happy to send you some listings if you like if you want to shoot me an email to contact. Rates are nuts and Frisco is a great area, its a win win for a buyer right now. Let me know if I can be of service.
Web Reference: http://www.realtordamon.com