How is the los portones community in 85255. We see that there is only desert on the opp. side and wondering if any development will take place soon.

Asked by Vk, Scottsdale, AZ Sat Mar 3, 2012

We see homes selling/listed for $135 per sq ft while the one we liked is for $180/sqft. How is the community faring. Also one side of N.Scottsdale area in 85255 (after grayhawk) is completely barren, will it get developed soon as the area at night looks like a ghost town.

Answers

6
John Forsyth, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jul 3, 2012
I live right north of Los Portones, and there is a lot of land around there that is undeveloped.

We should discuss the plans to extend Miller Road and the large parcel of land that is a water diversion and what the future plans for that property is.

Feel free to contact me anytime

John Forsyth
602-625-4675
Wade Kawaha…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Mar 3, 2012
Hi Vk,

Some of the land in Los Portones will never be developed and right now there is no new construction planned. There are some resale homes available and as you can tell, the price range does vary. This is mainly due to loaction as well as the shape of the home and amenities of the home. I recently sold a home there for about $140/ Sq. Ft and it is worth about $150-160/ Sq. Ft now. There are other areas of North Scottsdale now that have some new construction if that is what you are interested in. But if you like that area, you will only be able to get a resale home.
Vk, Home Buyer, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Mar 3, 2012
Its actually 170/sqft, typo in my question. Sorry.
Joseph Domino, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Mar 3, 2012
Some of the area north of Los Portones is preserve, it will not be developed. Other sections just have not been developed. Several of the developments to the west are lerge lot communities so they may not look like a lot of development has occurred, but it has. You need to tour the are to get a better feel for it.

To answer you first question, Los Portones is a nice, stable, desirable, community. Average sold price in recent months is closer to $135 per sq. The home listed for $180 better be something spectacular.
Carmelle Ber…, , 85254
Sat Mar 3, 2012
Good morning,
Los Portones community started to be developed in early 1990. Location, location, location and a low inventory explains why the house you like is now priced at $180sq' versus $135sq' . In addition, it depends on the good standing of the home, such as, has it been updated, well maintained, etc. those factors are taken into consideration. To my knowledge I am not aware of any new development coming soon in that area due to our Economy.

We are seeing the prices starting to go up in certain areas again due to our low inventory. Homes in good condition are receiving multiple offers and above listed price. Buyers are stating to feel that they have missed the low market and YES bidding is on the rise. As an example, 2 homes in ready to move-in condition came on the market March1st and by the time I showed my Buyer on March 2nd the agents had received 11 offers on one and 4 offers on the other.

You can reach me at carmelle@carmelleazhomes.com or call me at 602-321-4533 with any questions or concerns you may have.

Have a great weekend, Carmelle
, ,
Sat Mar 3, 2012
I just finished my video on what's going on in 85255.

http://screencast.com/t/JJ6LSq60wyuS

The land just north of Scottsdale after Grayhawk will eventually be developed, however, it is cheaper to buy today than to build.

Los Portones commuinity has gone up in price due to Canadian demand for that kind of development.

Hope this helps!

Terry S. Smith
Scottsdale Luxury Homes
DPR Realty LLC
8341 E. Gelding Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Direct (602) 763-1858
ScottsdaleForeclosures@Gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://TinyUrl.com/85255Az