How is the commute from Berkeley, Albany, and Kensington to Moraga?How bad is the traffic? Is there public transport?

Asked by romanaderoma, Odenton, MD Thu Apr 4, 2013

Answers

4
Scott Sans, Agent, Lafayette, CA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
The commute can all depend on what area you are coming from and going to, but is going to be roughly 20 to 35 minutes, depending on exact location. BART is a great solution for a commute, but unfortunately Moraga does not have a BART station, so you will have roughly a ten minute drive from either Orinda or Lafayette BART to Moraga. I would love to help answer any further questions. Please feel free to call or email me anytime.

Scott Sans
scott@kurtpipergroup.com
925.216.7583
Todd Scheid, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Have you ever thought about moving to Moraga? It is a beautiful place to live and has more sunny days than Berkeley. I have a home for sale in Orinda just about a mile from Moraga if you would like more information let me know.

Todd

Todd Scheid
Realtor ~ Trusted Advisor
Alain Pinel Realtors
(925) 323-6150 cell
Todd@ScheidHomes.com
Gene Riemens…, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
You know that is a very subjective question. Which direction are you driving? To Moraga would be a counter commute - depending on which way you go. Depending on the exact neighborhood you might just want to take a nice drive through Tilden Park and then drop down to San Pablo Dam Road and drive over to Moraga. It really depends on the neighborhood. I grew up in that area and did a similar commute at one time. I don't think it is quick - but it should not be stressful or congested if you do it right.
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
BART may be the way to go to get to and fro the cities you mention.

Here's a link to the BART station maps showing which line stops/connects where
http://www.bart.gov/stations/index.aspx

I won't even think of traffic as "bad" here. The only traffic I encounter is through the CAldecott Tunnel if one is driving -- and the BART riders are probably laughing at us when it swooshes by.

Or...at the Berkeley/Albany where I-580 and I-880 merge -- again, when driving.