How is the area around Mangrove Ln, Key Largo? Some have told me to be weary of the north Key Largo area.

Asked by Seth Baker, Glenview, IL Thu Jan 17, 2008

Answers

5
Kathy Denwor…, Agent, Islamorada, FL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
As everyone mentioned, Mangrove Lane is gated. Keep in mind that the Keys is a mix of building styles. It is not uncommon for a single wide mobile to be next to a 1800 sq ft Concrete structure. The street leading into Mangrove Lane is in transition. It's the Keys!
Mona Yeager, Agent, Key Largo, FL
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hello Seth! Mangrove Lane is a beautiful street that is on a canal leading out to Blackwater Sound on the bayside of the Florida Keys. Across the street from the homes (to the North) is a wildlife preserve. You enter this street through a private gated entrance. Mangrove Lane is in a subdivision called Paradise Point and is located at Mile Marker 106 at the very top of the Florida Keys. You are 20 minutes to the Florida Turnpike from this location and about 45 minutes to the Miami Airport. Depending on what your price range is, there are several other very nice neighborhoods in the northern Key Lago area, i.e. Stillright Point and Ocean Isle Estates. Surrounding Mangrove Lane are two mobile home subdivisions known as Lake Surprise and Sexton Cove, which are mostly on canals. These are single and doublewide homes mostly owned by weekenders from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale or 2nd home buyers from the North. Every neighborhood in the Florida Keys has different valued homes depending on their location to the water: dry lots (not on the water), canalfront or waterfront and open bay or ocean. The pricing depends on the location, water and views.

I would love to help you look for a home in the Florida Keys. You can call me at 305-393-3268, email me at MonaSellsKeysHomes@att.net or get to know me by checking out my website at: http://www.MonaSellsKeysHomes.com.

I am a full-time professional agent with Century 21 Schwartz Realty.
Jamie & David…, , Islamorada, FL
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Hi Seth,

Mangrove Lane is located in Paradise Point at the northern end of Key Largo at mile marker 106 on the bayside in Key Largo, FL. This is a private, gated, waterfront community that allows weekly rentals and has lots to offer H2O enthusiasts! There are 32 canalfront homes on the southern side of the street and a wild life preserve on the northern side of the street. You have quick access to Florida Bay and backcountry fishing at the end of the canal. There is also convenient access to the ocean through Jewfish Creek Bridge or Adam's Cut for a day of deep sea fishing. Outside the gates of Paradise Point, the neighborhood is made up of mobile, manufactured and site built homes. Many of these homes are weekend getaway homes for people from Miami and Broward Counties. Just up the street at Mile Marker 103 on the oceanside is John Pennekamp State Park where you can enjoy a day of relaxation on the beach, snorkel trips, tours, biking and much more. You will also find a local Winn Dixie, Publix, Walgreens and many restaurants all within a few miles of this area. I hope this information has helped, and invite you to contact us with any questions you may have. Remember: It's a great time to buy a home in paradise!
Very informative. How is your real estate market?
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
Pat Barlow, Agent, Key Largo, FL
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Dear Seth, Mangrove Lane is in a very nice gated Bayside waterfront community of high end homes in Upper Key Largo. Leading back to that community is an up and coming area called Lake Surprise. This is a mix of mobile homes as well as new construction replacement homes, many on canals leading to the Bay.
Regards, Pat Barlow
If you would like more information on homes in the Keys, please give me a call or email.
Sally Stribl…, Agent, Key Largo, FL
Fri Mar 14, 2008
Hello Seth; If you would like some specifics about the area of Mangrove lane , please let me know and I can send yu via email some properties choices that are current. That area is actually a great water access area and the street is private and gated. From there you are about 5 minutes by boat to the Adams Cut waterway- the only cut through the island of Key largo for 13 miles in either direction. Send me your preferences and I can give you more information.
Kind regards,
Sally