How is the Cambrian Park (95124) area doing?

Asked by Sandeep Goli, San Jose, CA Tue Oct 7, 2008

I am planning to buy a SFH house in that area and I have researched the school district (Union) and driven around the neighborhood. However, I am looking for statistical data and/or advise on recent buyers and sellers felt the market is doing in this area. Thank you.

Answers

4
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Oct 7, 2008
A very unusual neighborhood with a wide range of single family homes. Most were originally smallish 2or 3 bed and 1 or 2 bath on large lots. In recent years a significant number of these have been either greatly expanded and remodelled, of torn down and been replace by totally new home. Prices currently range from $650k for a house in original condition up to $2 million for a new build.
Current market is slow for both categories but it has been impacted less than most neighborhoods due chiefly to having larger than average lots, a great location, and good schools, For long term value this is one of the best locations in Silicon Valley, especially if you are buying one of the smaller homes. These offer great potential for improvement over time, and their prices will benefit from an increasing number of high end new homes.
Yvonne Yang, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Hi, There:

Looks like you are looking to buy a house in 95124 with good school. Very good choice. Personally, I think it is a good time to buy in this area. I sold one house on Michon Drive in 1 week (95124, border of Los Gatos). During the open house, a lot of First Time Buyer went through. Most of the people who came through is mainly because of the good school API Score. So, the momentum is still good.
In the meantime, there are still some short sale/REO properties in this area which offers quite attractive oppertunity. Some of the 3 Bed, 2 Bath home in 95124 with good school (short sale or REO) are under $600K now. Of course, they are usually sold quite fast if the house is in reasonable condition.

Find the right agent who is familiar with the area and will provide you with the good advice.
Please feel free to contact me at yvonne.yang@cbnorcal.com

Yvonne Yang
408 674 4418
Web Reference:  http://www.YvonneYang.com
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue Oct 14, 2008
Cambrian (95124) benefits by the surrounding neighborhoods; Los Gatos, Campbell, Almaden, Willow Glen, and the school scores. Some areas have dropped, those areas are homes with only 1 bedroom and or 1 or no garage, unless the lot is large. There are parts of Cambrian Park with very large lots which have continued to be in demand. Although the statistics show that the medium price of solds in 95124 have dropped from this time last year, one must be careful in reading that incorrectly. When they say medium it means 1/2 the homes have sold for above and 1/2 have sold below that price. If people are only spending on the lower priced homes, then the data will be weighted in that direction.

The best way to determin the data is to have an agent familiar with the area compile the data for the home your are considering. For example, if you are looking at a 3 bed 2 bath 1200 sq. ft. home, have them compare that home in the quandrant neighborhood to previous years. You will then have a more accurate reading on the data.

Or, you can just find the home that fits your needs, price, etc. and buy it. ;-)

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Linda Baker, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Tue Oct 7, 2008
Hi HB,
Great question about Cambrian. I have lived in the area since 1989, and put our sons through the Union School District. Right now, there are 171 active listings & 85 pending sales, which equates to 3.4 months of inventory on the market. Very cute houses still sell quickly, especially if they are priced properly. The majority of the homes are 3 or 4 bedrooms, and the major draw is the school district. However, there are also homes in the Cambrian zone that are a part of San Jose Unified School District.
If you let me know what you are looking for, I can answer your question more specifically. I do a large part of my business in and around this area.
Cheers,
Linda Baker
Alain Pinel Realtors
408.712.3432