How is parking at Ridgewood train station? Is a spot guaranteed if you pay monthly?

Asked by nb, Outside U.S. Fri May 31, 2013

If you're a town resident of Ridgewood, how hard is it to get a parking spot for the train at about 7:45-8am on a weekday morning? How much traffic is there in the area near the train station at that time (how long will it take to get into the parking lot, etc). How does this compare to other nearby train station towns like Allendale, Ramsey and Mahwah? We're looking to buy a house in one of these towns but one of us will be commuting by train and need to know that when we go to the train station in the morning, we can get a parking spot and be assured of getting in to work that day.

Answers

9
Stephanie So…, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Sun Jun 30, 2013
I've lived in Ridgewood for 26 years and have communted to NYC. You get a free pass if you live in town but its difficult to get a guaranteed spot after 7am. You can park a block or two away for the day and most of those spots are taken by 7:15. Parking cost $3.00 per day.

Ho-Ho-Kus is a much easier town to park in. Their lot there has available spaces, even mid day. A yearly parking pass is $75. Glen Rock is also easier to find parking, because there are 2 train lines with 2 parking lots. They now give preference to town residents for parking.

Ramsey/Mahwah has a parking garage. The town of Ramsey has a second station in town, as well. Allendale has a small lot behind their business district at the train station.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need more information . You can also visit my website at http://www.ridgewoodhomes4sale.com where you will find links to NJ school rankings, open house schedules, a mortgage calculator and other helpful links.

Stephanie
catherine Ru…, Agent, Wyckoff, NJ
Fri Jun 14, 2013
I am glad you are pleased. Please call me so I may help you find just the right home.

Kind Regards,
Catherine Runge
KWVSR
(201) 961-2310.
Elsa Felipe…, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Fri Jun 14, 2013
You are very welcome!
Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need more information about any of these towns. Or visit my website at http://www.elsa-realestate.com, you will find useful information about schools, market trends...
Kind regards,

Elsa Felipe Machin
Keller Williams Village Sq
Cell 291-970-9943
Elsarealestate@gmail.com
Elsa-realestate.com
nb, Home Buyer, Outside U.S.
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Thank you all so much for all of this great information! You are a terrific resource to home buyers like us who are not yet sure where to focus our search.
Patricia Dav…, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Hi nb,
Parking is always an issue, especially in Ridgewood. Another alternative is the bus and buying a house within close distance to either bus or train so you don't have to drive and park. This is what we did in Allendale and it works out great. All these towns have neighborhoods where you can get this great advantage as well.

Give me call or email discuss you needs anytime.!
Patty Davis
pattydavis@kw.com
cell 201 785 7730
catherine Ru…, Agent, Wyckoff, NJ
Fri May 31, 2013

Please call me as I have other alternatives for your consideration.

Catherine Runge
Keller Williams
Ridgewood, NJ
(201) 961-2310
Dedicated To Helping Buyers Find Just The Right Home!
Maryanne Con…, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Fri May 31, 2013
There is a good possibility the parking for the train station would be full by 7:45-8am. There are additional village parking lots throughout town within walking distance to the train as an alternative.
The train station parking lot requires a Ridgewood Resident Commuter Parking Permit. These are issued free to residents. The hourly rates in the lots are .25cents per hour 6am-6pm M-S.
Unlimited pre paid parking is available thru the UP3 Permit.
Expect the usual morning activity. Ridgewood is a vibrant town.
Ho Ho Kus is another thought. There is Resident parking for an annual fee of $225 or metered parking available for everyone at $4 day up to 14 hours. Ample parking.
Ramsey offers a train station in the heart of town as well as on Route 17 which offers a 5-floor parking deck to accommodate over 1000 spaces. Main Street Ramsey commuter parking is available to residents only for an annual fee of $15. Route 17 is operated by NJ Transit and is available to everyone.
Glen Rock also offers two NJ Transit train stations. There are resident & non resident commuter parking available. Annual Resident permits are available for $145. non Residents use a Parkmobile system to pay by phone. Ample parking.
Allendale offers commuter parking with a $50 annual permit fee with designated commuter parking on the East & West side of town.
Mahwah train station offers free parking for Residents. You can also drive to the Ramsey Route 17 station. Ample parking.
Hope this helps. Contact me if you need additional information.
Maryanne
201 788-0222
Chris Gubb, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Fri May 31, 2013
Morning NB,
The answer to your questions is long and involved. Servicing Ridgewood as well as Allendale, Glen Rock, HHK and Ramsey commuters and relocation families is my specialty.
In short, there are no assigned or even guaranteed parking spots for those using the Ridgewood Station...residents or otherwise. However there are other options on where to park if you are using the Ridgewood Train Station.
Call me to discuss.
Chris Gubb
201-362-6344
Elsa Felipe…, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Fri May 31, 2013
Hi Nb,
Ridgewood train station has parking available for residents, however these spots are first come first serve. To get a spot there you will probably have to come earlier, I would say before or around 7:00 am.
There is another option using the non resident parking of the Hohokus train station, it usually has spots available, and we found it very convenient. Depending where you live in Ridgewood this station would be more convenient.
Ramsey has a new route 17 station with a huge parking deck. I do not think you will have problem finding parking there.
Hohokus might be another option for you to look at, great town has its own station, parking for residents is usually available.
Glen Rock might be another option, it has two stations each of them has parking.
Depending where you live you might be able to walk to these stations
As a long time resident of Ridgewood, I know this town and surrounding ones very very well. I will be very happy to help you find the right home.
Please check my website at elsa-realestate.com, and take some time to check my reviews on zillow and Trulia.
Feel free to contact me directly at 201-970-9943 or email me at elsarealestate@gmail.com. I will be happy to help you! Regards,
Elsa Felipe Machin