How is lisle suburb to live? Found a townhome but with taxes around $7500, is it worth investing ?

Asked by Pora, Loop, Chicago, IL Sun Jun 28, 2009

Answers

5
CMLHoldings, Other Pro, Streamwood, IL
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Lisle is in Dupage county and the taxes are higher there than Cook county because Dupage does not have a lot of indusrty to tax like Cook does. Naperville is pricey becuse of the name.
Jeffrey Kropp, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 28, 2009
I went to high school in Lisle at one of the best high schools in Illinois- Benet. Lisle is great, very small town atmosphere, balloon fest going on right now with fireworks, close to transportation, Naperville just down the street (I lived in Naperville).

You may be able to reduce taxes through certain steps, I would need more info.

Feel free to contact me at 773-805-9305.
Web Reference:  http://www.1sthomegroup.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Pora,
Taxes over there are a little high, but it is a fantastic suburb. You are a little ways from downtown, but its not a tough drive, or you can always hop on the train. It is also located right by Naperville, which a lot of people love Napervilles downtown area.
Lisle also has excellent schools and people really love living there. For complete information on the neighborhood, I would just look it up through Realtor.com. This will give you all the information on schools, crime, etc.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Chuck Stupar…, , Oak Brook, IL
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Lisle is an excellent suburb with a lot going for it, but you're right $7500 is a lot of money for taxes. Dupage county taxes are less than Cook County or Kane County. As in investment you can do better for a property with less taxes. Is it a homeowner association or a condominium.? If you plug that into your monthly cost you might have to get a hefty rent to break even. As I said I feel you can do better if you shop around for a property with less taxes.
Web Reference:  http://chuckstuparits.com
Pora, Home Buyer, Loop, Chicago, IL
Sun Jun 28, 2009
Lisle interms of safety, schooling, commute to downtown , etc...Please advise..