Home Buying in Malibu>Question Details

pennyguy222, Home Buyer in Malibu, CA

How is Point Dume to live in? Do you see re-sell value there?

Asked by pennyguy222, Malibu, CA Wed Jun 11, 2014

I am planning on moving down to the Malibu area with my financee and have been looking at homes in paradise cove and point dume. Does anyone have experience living here? How is the re-sell or rent potential, as we may be moving around within 5 years?

Thanks for the input

I lived in Paradise cove early 90s when I first moved here. At the time we had to pay cash, $185K, for a mobile home that was valued at $12K That place is worth around $1.4MM now and I wish I still owned it!!! There are several lesser expensive "coaches", they start in the low $300K-$400K and average around $800K-$900K depending on park and location/views.

It is a wonderful place to live - not the least expensive to be sure! Great lifestyle and community, but you purchase the mobile home and rent the space. Space is rent controlled, but remember, you do not have a deed to anything. Mortgaging or pulling money out of it in a cash out refinance situation is not at all like a house...

We have an amazing pocket listing in Pointe Dume club, completely redone and gorgeous. It is coming up next month (Oct. 2014) in the low $900s. If you are interested contact me malizoo@charter.net
Point Dume is THE place to be. It's gorgeous there! Have you been?
A few celebrities live there... Sean Penn has a house there. It will continue to appreciate, ESPECIALLY in 5 years. Home values have gone up exponentially over there and you saw the views, you would know why!
Let me know if you'd like me to send you some current properties there for sale just to take a look at them online.

Thanks! You will love Malibu