Home Buying in Blackwood>Question Details

Nick, Home Buyer in Blackwood, NJ

How is Blackwood NJ 08012 area for buying a house and quality of Blackwood Elementary School - Erial Rd.?

Asked by Nick, Blackwood, NJ Sat Aug 30, 2008

I am thinking of buying a house in Blackwood which falls under Gloucester Township NJ 08012. i want to find out more about it's school system.

Answers

7
Nick, Gloucester Twp. ranks as 1 of the best schools distrricts. In fact my wife is a teacher in the district and she has mentioned that that side of the township is actually better. I work the Gloucester Twp, are and have always had good experiences with the schools. Hope I was able to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 18, 2008
Hi Nick! I am a local agent in Blackwood and I reside here as well. My children attend Blackwood Elementary and I have had nothing but good experiences there. Gloucester Township offers many extra programs in the school systems for children with special needs, such as speech therapy, extra reading help, etc. (many state funded programs also available to children, such as free reading camps in the summer). There is also special programs for children who excel in their classes... and yes, that's at the elementary level. I've known many children who've attended and are doing very well in higher grades (middle & high school). Look over the school reports, visit the state website for their reports, or even call the school and ask to take a tour. They are usually open to that. I have found the teachers really care and are there well after hours and many are available by cell phones in the evening if you really need to talk to them. I wanted to be open and frank with my own experiences as well as the experiences of clients I have worked with. But of course, do your own research and tour the schools... that's your best bet!

The township is great to live in. As another agent posted, it's very central to many main arteries for travel... the AC Expressway for a quick route to the beach, the Turnpike is only a short ride for access to North Jersey/New York or even Delaware. And of course, Route 42 which can get you into Philly in about 20 minutes (about 30 min during rush hour). The township has many great programs only available to residents, a recreation center and a township pool (membership only). They have Gloucester Twp Day each June complete with Fireworks and it's a huge turnout! That same park offers FREE summer movies on a big screen... the kids love that. Each October brings the Pumpkin Festival which occupies a section of the Black Horse Pike complete with vendors, crafters, moon bounces, fire trucks, and much more!

Good luck in your home search, and if you need a local agent, I'm always here! :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 30, 2008
I agree with you .Look very good before buying. My daughter also experience bullying in Trition High . We lived in zip code 08012. The teachers did not help other then to favor certain children, my child was not one of the golden children. However, she was a A student who never was in any trouble, even teacher said this. So go figure how and why . Bottom line we moved we are in a great area. NO PROBLEMS HERE. Good luck We movedin Jan. 2009. This bullying was horrible, it was also done via the internet, phone. We disconnected both. It was so bad that even before we disconnected the cell phone. The kids that did the bullying called and were laughing shouting HA Ha. you moved because we made you move." Funny thing is we won the lottery and moved to where we always wanted to be.
Hey Nick,
Just wondering what you have done with your plans of buying a home here in Glo Twp. Would love to know how you made out...
I personally live in the Twp myself with kids attending the schools. Great schools. In fact The Twp is one of the largest in the state if not the largest. Glo Twp is broken up into several smaller municipalities. The zip codes intersect with other municipalities outside of the Twp and county also. So it can get quite confusing.

Would really like to know what you have done with your home buying plans. I am very familiar with the area especially since I live here too. But like the others hee posting, I work here too.

I would like to share some experiences and information about the twp on a personal note. For one there is one little league team that is consistantly in the state playoffs and made it to the national finals many times too.

Call me 609-868-1171 Larry
08012 might be washington tsp as well? if you have children who are "different" they might be eaten alive by the bullying. something to check out before you decide. I'm not sure whether they have taken care of that yet.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
Nick: Blackwood is ok. The school reports available on line at my site, and at the NJ State site will give you all that you need to know. I know of children who have gone through the school recently who are doing well in the higher grades. Home prices are reasonable and, depending on your taste, homes are pleasant. It's an easy ride to both Philly and the shore. Shoping is more than adequate. The turnpike and interstate entrances are close-by. What more could you ask?
Hello Nick,

You can get free school reports on my webiste. Just go to the yellow diamond where it says free school reports. http://www.SouthNewJerseyHomes.com