Home Buying in Pacifica>Question Details

Carolyn Kels…, Home Buyer in Foster City, CA

How foggy is it in Pacifica? IS that why the prices are lower there than elsewhere on the Peninsula?

Asked by Carolyn Kelso-Bell, Foster City, CA Thu Nov 29, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3089052927-1480-Linda-Mar-Blv…

Answers

4
bella’s answer
You have to know where it is sunny. There are areas that the sun shines while fog is everywhere else.
The best area for that is for example one or two streets past adobe on Rosita or Lindamar Blvd going back away from ocean. The realtors all know where the fog line is drawn.

Where I live the sun is shinning ! It is the best .Lindamar toward the back where the sun shines after the fog line.

It is beautiful and safe here.

I have to say though the fog is not as bad as a lot of people say. I walk the beach 10 months out of the year in good weather if not more.

Where else do you get this beauty. The south end of Pacifica in the back.
The fog is not as bad as people say it is on the coast. Daly city is much worse. Some areas of Pacifica are just as expensive as other places on the Peninsula it just depends where you look. It is a very nice place. Contact us if your are interested in seeing properties.

Looking to buy or sell your home? If so then we are your best option!
-experts on all Bay Area properties
-Free stagings with all listings
-Furnish 1 room when you buy with us
The Realty Consulting Group http://www.myinvestorsnetwork.com
"Where homes are sold" 650 2008526 call today
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Hi Caroline,
I truly believe that people just haven't caught on to what Pacifica has to offer. Yes there are areas that are foggy, there's no getting around that. I just close a deal for my clients in Pacifica. A 3 bedroom, 3 full bath home with a den plus a 2 car garage for $525,000 plus it has some great views! Pacifica can't be compared to areas like Millbrae or San Mateo but can be to cities like South San Francisco and Daly City even San Bruno.

The property you listed on Linda Mar Blvd may be a value but that's also is a very busy street. A property similar to this in say Park Pacifica could possibly be $100,000 more! One of the first things my Dad mentioned when I came into this business was location, location, location. If you'd like me to setup a viewing just give me a ring.

Make it the Best Holiday Season,
Michael
There are areas of Pacifica that are more foogy than others. For example usually if you have an ocean view there will be more fog because you are closer to the ocean. There is actually a "fog line" that if you cross, there will generally be no fog. The farther back you are in the valleys, the warmer it is. I have lived here since 1979 and I think that the reputation for fog far exceeds the actual fog. In fact Daly City has more fog than Pacifica.
Thanks..I am specifically interested in 481 Lynbrook Drive. What area is that in??
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012