How easy is to sell a patio home in Villas of Escena? I am about to buy one and will sell it after 5 to 6 years.

Asked by IrvingBuyer, Irving, TX Mon Apr 1, 2013

Will I be able to sell it quickly or is there is no demand for patio homes? Or is just hard to sell in that neighborhood generally? Should I go ahead and make the purchase? I don't want to lose a lot of money when selling it after 5 years.

Answers

6
Pat O'Reilly, Agent, Irving, TX
Thu Nov 14, 2013
This is where a good local Realtor can help. No one knows exactly what will happen in the future but a good local Realtor with experience will (should) know the trends. Not all Realtors are the same. I would choose wisely.
IrvingBuyer, Home Buyer, Irving, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for all your answers. I know the Carrolton-Farmers Branch ISD schools for this location are not exemplary. So, will that be an issue when selling this home? I appreciate you taking time in answering my questions.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Unfortunately no one can accurately answer this question.
Sales have taken off like crazy this Spring.
Five years ago the builders nearly quit building in that area.
I think you have to be very careful on which lots you build on there due to foundation issues.
That area is known for bad soil.

Advising you on how easy it is to sell or what prices will be is like asking what the USD/EUR exchange rate will be in five years, or what the price of GM stock might be. There might not even be a EUR in five years?...or a GM?

In any case always always always have a realtor at your side when buying a new home. You can see why we suggest that here at this link:
http://teamlynn.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction…

Depending on your price range I think it also might be better to buy a resale than buy new. There's a nice foreclosure for example in Valley Ranch right now. Also La Villita might have some better buys than the new builds.
Rusty Roe, Agent, Arlington, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Patio homes are very popular. In a normal market and if it is in good condition, you will not have any problem selling. The market has recovered very quickly in North Texas. Average prices are expected to rise 5% this year. Let me know if I can help.
Kim Nwachukwu, Agent, Irving, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Did you ask your Realtor that question? Did you use a Realtor? If not, they would have been most helpful to you with advice and opinion regarding questions of this nature. In most situations past history is a typically a good indicator of what will happen in the future, but Escenas are brand new and there IS NO past history for that neighborhood. In general, Las Colinas pre-owned homes always sell well when priced correctly and in good condition. As far as patio homes go they are all over the place in our area - La Villita, Lakes of LC, Valley Ranch, Emerald Valley - everywhere. Patio home v not a patio home won't make a difference. Some people want a yard, others don't - buyers that want a yard won't buy your home and one that doesn't want one will. And just like what has already been said - unfortunately no one has a crystal ball for 5-6 years down the road.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Against Realtor professional code of ethics to predict the future.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
I was looking for an answer from other sellers/buyers based on their past experience. May be I am looking in the wrong place. Thanks anyway.
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013