rgsfred, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

How early should I begin looking for a condo in Dallas? I live out of state (CA)and am thinking of moving back to Dallas in 2-4yrs.

Asked by rgsfred, Dallas, TX Mon Sep 17, 2012

Bess Dickson’s answer
To Purchase or Lease? Each have unique timelines. In Dallas proper or general area? If you have a particular area or even street in mind (Uptown or must be on Knox, etc) a standard timeline for either lease or purchase could be extended, a waiting game. This brings up what has been previously said, interview a few realtors and find one that you find a connection. Your realtor of choice can then be your on the ground legs and networking guru to find your condo in whichever timeline fits your life. Best Wishes!
I would start looking for a realtor about a year before you plan to move to establish a relationship and trust. Doesn't hurt to start browsing around to get familiar where the market stands at. Within that year your realtor should know exactly what your needs are and what meets your expectations. Feel free to reach out to me and i can answer any questions you have! urbandallaslifestyle@gmail.com (432)638-6627 I would love to help guide you threw this process!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 7, 2014
Hi there,

Base on my experience, about a month prior to your move in. Rental market is really hot in Dallas and landlord don't hold properties for over 30 days.

Please visit my website at http://www.findyourtexashome.com/leasing for some ideas of what you can get in the Dallas metroplex

JP and associate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
You can always find a Realtor to help you, and keeping an eye on the market here on trulia will help you know where you want to be. If you are looking to buy, I would look in to purchasing 4-6 months before your intended move. Sometimes HOAs can be slow in processing things. Have a look, and feel free to ask me any direct questions whenever you like. Keith@KeithHefner.net
I can get a little more information from you concerning this rental, or you txt me...(214) 646-8447
2-3 months out. OR you could by a home today, and take advantage of the low rates an the market (which is increasing now) Then we could rent it to pay your mortgage and have the lease expire when you decide to move back to Dallas. For more information Call me at 214-924-7826 I would to help! :)
Usually 4 to 6 weeks. He Dallas market is moving quickly. Just pick any 1 Realtor to work with.
Generally speaking its never too early to start looking. However, with the current market growing momentum every month over the past year we are seeing a shortage of inventory in both the residential properties for sale and lease.

In regards to a lease most land lords/property management groups will not hold a property for a prolonged amount of time. I've been seeing them willing to hold for 30days but generally they are more interested in getting someone else in their fast to minimize their loss.

The properties for sale if priced corrently and conditioned correctly are going fast as well. The popular thing in Dallas right now are "Hip Pockets" which is where an agent will market the property before it even goes on to the Multiple Listing Service (aka MLS).

I have some great tools on my website http://(www.SimplyDallas.com) which you may find helpful. Another important thing to consider is how you pick your agent. If you do decide on renting vs owning then you need to make sure whichever agent you hire has access to both MLS and Apartment Database so that you get the best of both worlds. (You would be surprised how many agents will try to do a lease and not have access to both databases)

If your not already working with an agent, I would be honored to interview for the opportunity to represent you. My services are free of charge to Buyers/Renters and I would love to assist you.

Johnny Mowad
Broker/Realtor (Ebby Halliday)
Depending on which part of Dallas your want to live. Usually 30 to 60 days is more then enough. Pick one Realtor of your choice and work with them on finding your new place.

Thank You for the information that y'all have posted.
Based on current inventory and absorption I would suggest 4 to 6 weeks out.
Hello dear
if you look for condo in dallas , I have right answer for you. if you can call me @ 214 475 0484 I can direct you the right location there is a new construction start for a condo unit. near george bush and i-35 corrider. will like to give you more information and can make tour that place.
so you have my contact number
cell 214 475 0484 START LOOKING NOW. thank you /BEAM REAL ESTATE.
Approx. 75 days prior to your move in date.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook