Home Buying in Allendale>Question Details

Jo, Home Buyer in Allendale, MI

How does one go about getting a grant on buying a first home? I understand that such grants are available.

Asked by Jo, Allendale, MI Sun Jun 21, 2009

How does one qualify.

Help the community by answering this question:


And yet he gets another thumbs up, LOL, I wonder where that came from. Goat, come on now, you aren’t fooling anyone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 21, 2009
Hi Jo,
THere are several different down payment assistance grants still available depending on where you buy and what your household income is.
The city of Grand Rapids has a $5000 grant to first time home buyers who purchase within a certain geographic area.
MSHDA has a down payment assistance grant also, however, it must be paid back when you sell the home.
Chemical Bank has a program called HOP funds which is similar to the Grand Rapids program but easier to use.
I hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 23, 2009
To Mr. Goat:

In answering the question you gave a very negative answer to my question. You assumed anyone asking about a grant is flat broke and should not be allowed to own a home, without knowing anything about that person. Shame on you.

Home Buyer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 21, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer