How does Mountain House look like?

Asked by Dianne Lee, Mountain House, CA Sat Nov 8, 2008

I just start looking homes in Mountain House, CA. Are there any input or personal opinions on it? Anything is appreciated! I heard that they are going to build some plants which are not good for the community, is that true?

Answers

9
David Cheung, Agent, tracy, CA
Sat Apr 25, 2009
Some buyers prefer Mt. House over Tracy. They like the facts there are no commerical business like liquor stores, used cars dealerships & apartments. If driving another 12 minutes to the supermarket bothers you, then Mt. House is not for you.

The demand for Mt. House is very strong now. There are less than 0.6 months of inventory for bank owned homes.
Mike Samawi, Agent, Mountain House, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
Mountain House is a beautiful community with tree lined streets and red fire hydrants. It Schools have some of the highest api scores in the nation. Im originally from san jose ca. Every time i ever moved away, i would move right back.
With in my first week in Mountain House, i called it home. I rented for the first year and a half and then bought.
I dont ever plan on leaving. It has a very warm sense of community 3 big parks, neigborhood events and ,masterfully designed homes. I recomend coming to see it for yourself.
Addi Jamshidi, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Mountain house properties have started to go up fast. With interest rates down, and employment improving (or at least an increase in consumer confidence around the Bay area), people are moving away from San Jose area to Mountain House for far affordable Brand New Homes.

Mountain House seems to finally have its day under the sun. This reminds me so much of silver Creek in South san jose, a few years back, or Irvine back in late 90's.
Steve Roesch, Agent, Portland, OR
Sat Apr 25, 2009
Ryan has a great perspective, although cynical. But he pointed out, that it is very bedroom community. Meaning, it is 5 miles to many of the necessary amenities. The for sales signs come from all the speculators that saw the vision and wanted to own a real estate investment in a great location, but the market fell out from under them, before the vision was complete. And it is still not complete.

If you are concerned about the future of Mountain House, consider Tracy. Price point is the same, and their are similar communities, and it has all the amenities.

Steve
925-738-0291
David Cheung, Agent, tracy, CA
Thu Apr 23, 2009
Here are some pictures of the Mt. House central park.
http://cid-5a50269c6da0a5b1.skydrive.live.com/play.aspx/Mt%2…

The city is beautiful. Come check it out.
Web Reference:  http://dc.pmz.com
Ryan, Both Buyer And Seller, Hayward, CA
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Mountain House take it from me. Do you enjoy smelling Cow Poop thats how the smell is.
Also no stores around for miles you have to have a vehicle to survive in Mountain house.
You also need GPS to know where to go or you will get lost in the circle they created instead of square blocks.

The homes are beautiful though and most of the front lawns are decorated with for sale signs.

The school looks like a prison but is well kept.

The humid and dusty air might make your allergies go nuts but once they add on and build a mall it will be a great place to call home.
Dianne Lee, Home Buyer, Mountain House, CA
Sat Nov 8, 2008
Many thanks! They are very helpful!
Susan Gouldi…, Agent, Tracy, CA
Sat Nov 8, 2008
Mountain House has great opportunies for home owners. There are numerous possiblities, whether you want a re-sale home that has been foreclosed, a short sale home or a new home. There has been nothing recently reported about plants to be built. There was a recent article that the proposed commercial center has been put on hold for now. I'd recommend finding a great agent you trust and go look at homes. I specialize in Tracy and Mountain House--- call or email me with any questions.
Toni Dalrymp…, Agent, Livermore, CA
Sat Nov 8, 2008
I love it here in Mountain House.
Here are some links for you to check out.

http://mhvillages.com/forum/
http://stop-mh-powerplant.org/wordpress/

As a Mountain House resident I like to go to these websites for information, and connecting with my neighbors. If you are considering Mountain House, these sites will give you a bit more insight into the community and help answer your questions.

Feel free to contact me if I can help with anything else.

Toni