To summarize the information below, you can find a great loan officer by the following methods:
1. Referral from a realtor you trust (Add referrals from your financial advisor, CPA, etc.)
2. Check with the NMLS Consumer Access. This will give you a history of any actions against a
loan officer since the beginning of the NMLS system.
3. Check with the BBB. (Although 2 and 3 are usually done after you have a name of a loan officer)
4. Referral from a friend (Many times this is best because they see the transaction from you side
and not the side of the realtor)
5. I would add to check on sites like Yelp and Linked in for loan officers and lenders. You can see
reviews from others who have used them.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.
Dennis W Clark
Freedom Lending, LLC