How do you find the condo board/property manager for a condo unit?

Asked by Nick, Outside U.S. Tue Oct 23, 2012

I'm specifically trying to find the management for the Carn Barn in DC to see why they are not on the VA's approved condo list and if they might want to pursue that in the near future. There is a property that I'd really like to buy, but a conventional loan will cost me over $400 more per month plus another $6000 in discount points to get that low of a rate. They have almost 200 units, and it's a pretty quality place (gated community, on Capitol Hill, etc) so I'm really surprised they aren't already approved.
I've tried searching for Condo Management DC Car Barn and variations on that, no luck thus far, but maybe it's because I don't know the proper terminology

Answers

2
Jessica Tracy, Agent, North Windham, CT
Tue Oct 23, 2012
If you can't get the contact info from the seller. Check to see if there is an onsite office for the management company. Or sometimes a phone number is posted on a side of a building or near common areas, such as the trash, laundry, or pool.
Leah Harris, Agent, Washington, DC
Tue Oct 23, 2012
The owner of the unit you like should have all the info. you need.