How do we validate an offer on this site? Can anyone post a listing or does Trulia have a way of knowing that the offer is completely valid?

Asked by Shaun McDougall, 78758 Sat Nov 10, 2012

This is about an offer we are thinking about.

Answers

12
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Offer?

The listings that get on trulia, get pulled in most cases automatically from the MLS.
I don't think individuals can post listings on the site.

If you are worried about if offers are valid or not, we need to get you in touch with a realtor to help you work through the process. It's a great question...with lots of details and expertise needed to evaluate. How much earnest money, how much option, what lender, what title company, how fast can they close, what type of financing they're using, does your home qualify for the financing they're using, does the down payment match the type of financing they're using....and 100s of other details.

No web site can probably walk you through the steps of all that unfortunately.

If you need a referral to a great realtor in your area, just drop me a line.
Bruce,

Thank you for your response! I would really like for you to refer me to a realitor in my area. That will be very helpful. We are looking into the Pflugerville, Round Rock and North Austin areas.

Thank you.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
Kevin Cottre…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Tue Nov 27, 2012
I'm puzzled by the term "offer" as well. From the comments below and no response back, it is likely that we're all simply 'fishing' with responses and assuming you're a FSBO. If so, an appraisal or fee valuation is one approach, but as a listing agent, I can tell you numerous stories of appraisals that had no basis in comparison to the price the home sold for. Just ask anyone in Austin who has had an issue getting a house to appraise when it goes with multiple offers and over list with limited comparable sales nearby or recent.

If your question was of the other variety, I concur with others that there is no 'validation' of offers by Trulia and listings are all (100%) listed in the MLS by licensed brokers.

Hope this helps.
Paul Puig, Agent, AUSTIN, TX
Thu Nov 22, 2012
Any agent registered with Board of Realtors in the local area you are considering can check an address since there is always the possibility a certain home could already be sold. If you are listing
a property you personally own for sale you will probably receive calls from both agents and buyers. There are protections included with using a Realtor for both Buy and Sell transactions.
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Shaun, I too am confused by your question. If you would like, give me a call as I am still in my office and I'll be happy to answer your question if you clarify. My number is 512-261-4415.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Sounds like you are FSBO and want to see if the offer in hand will "comp out" to recent closed. if you dont want to use a listing agent, pay for a fee for service appraisal and see if that is in line with your offer.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Somehow I am missing the question here.

Are you receiving an offer on your home, or are you considering making an offer on a home?

Trulia doesn't "validate" offers.

Trulia has nothing to do with offers that are presented or accepted.

Only agents may post listings on trulia.

Perhaps you need to find an agent who can help you out .....and represent you.

Trulia gathers listing information - some accurate, some not so accurate - from agents and their MLS.

Have I answered your questions?
If not, perhaps you can clarify what you are asking.

Best wishes.........
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Simple answer is that all information on Trulia is wrong or out of date not accurate and up to date.

Now with that being said, your Realtor should answer your question. In Texas, a contract is not valid until all signatures, initials, execution date entered and final copies of said contract have been provided to the parties as described within the contract.

Carla Pennin…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Listings are only able to be posted by a Realtor, through their local MLS. Unfortunately, when a property is sold or leased, it doesn't seem to update automatically, and we are left with information that is outdated. Additionally, when we list a new property in the MLS, it takes a couple of days for it to appear on the public websites.

Use the public websites to browse and get familiar with an area, but when you are ready to really shop, enlist the help of a Realtor. We have the most accurate and up to date information.

You can always ask a Realtor in your area about a listing on the public sites you are interested in. We are happy to answer those questions!
vivianne dor…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Hello, Shaun,

I am not sure what you mean by Trulia validating an offer. Generally realtors pos their listings, but also home owners. If you saw a home on Trulia or elsewhere and are interested in making an offer, I can help you. I am an experienced Realtor and you will have someone knowledgeable who can advise you well on how to write an offer and what price to offer based on comps in the neighborhood.

Emai or call me at your convenience.

Vivianne Dordea,
512-970-8814
vdordea@austin.rr.com
homeowners cannot post their homes as fsbo's on trulia - only agents can!
Flag Sat Nov 10, 2012
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Heck, Trulia has properties on this site that have sold ages ago. Haven't been informed of, nor do I know where to find out, other than as a Realtor, I can check to see if a specific property listed in the MLS has Active, pending or sold status. If you're working with a Realtor, then have them do that. If not, I'd like to talk to you about helping you make the offer and also make sure you're making a good offer, not one that overpays for a property, or one that might offend a seller to the point they won't talk to you in the future. I have seen that happen on more than a few occasions (offer too low.)

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
Scott R Hami…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Someone has offered to purchase your home? I am sorry but I am not sure I understand the question.

Scott R Hamilton, CNE, REALTOR, SKY REALTY
512-660-0400
scott@scotthomesales.com
http://www.scotthomesales.com
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Have you considered enlisting the help of a Realtor?
If it is LISTED, the Buyer's Agent is paid by the Seller, and therefore costs you nothing; that's a pretty good deal, nuh?