How do we sell this house we fixed for a fair price?

Asked by Moe, Oak Lawn, IL Thu Sep 13, 2012

We spent $40k to fix foundation and when we moved in installed a radon mitigation system so the structure is fine but people are scared off.

Answers

6
Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Sat Sep 15, 2012
Hi Moe-

Radon mitigation systems are common in our area and I am not sure why that would scare someone off. Many new homes have them installed. As far as your foundation problems are they being disclosed along with the work that was completed/guaranteed/warranted? How much work had to be done? How are you priced as far as comparable properties without the foundation repairs?

I would suggest you sit down with your agent and discuss what is being done to alleviate people being scared off. Is the information being explained properly? Pricing? Feedback from showings, etc..

I hope this helps!
Web Reference:  http://LauraKarambelas.com
Kevin Hudoba, Agent, Wheaton, IL
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Moe,

Are you still having challenges selling your home or have you resolved the problem?

I've sold a number of homes in Oak Lawn in the past year. What's your property address?

I would like to look up the listing to give you an idea about whether the problem is actually photos/marketing rather than the radon system.

THANKS!
Jerry Keller, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Your realtor is not doing the right jpb for you. Call me to discuss your situation.
Jerry Keller, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Fri Sep 14, 2012
No one should be scared off by what you did. Call me Jerry Keller, 708-204-4354, the realtor with Coldwell Banker to discuss your situation.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Perhaps you should have done more research before you invested $40,000.

Perhaps, at this point, the problem is; what is a FAIR PRICE:

Perhaps you should consul with a local Realtor.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Consult with a local real estate agent who will assist you with listing, marketing, and selling your home for what's fair.