How do i find a RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY real estate agent, and do i need to if i already found a home i like?

Asked by G.maidensgirl, 15035 Mon Nov 26, 2012

Answers

6
Rachel Long, Agent, Savage, MN
Mon Nov 26, 2012
A lot of clients I have worked with in the past have interviewed agents. That way you can get a feel for who would be a good fit for you. Come prepared with a lot of questions. Also, ask friends, family and co-workers for referrals. Chances are they have worked with someone great!

If you have already found a home, you have the option to use the agent that is listing the home, or choose your own agent. If you decide to work with the agent that is listing the home, be sure they explain to you "dual agency". That means they represent both parties, the sellers and the buyers. That way you can decide if that type of representation will work for you.

Good luck to you!
Ctcruz9043, Home Buyer, East McKeesport, PA
Mon Jul 11, 2016
It is really hard to find a trustworthy real estate broker. You should look for these signs to know if they are trustworthy or not:

They have been a Real Estate Broker for a long time.
They have had successful transactions and positive feedbacks from their clients.
They can be easily contacted online and offline.
They should be affiliated with an office or has an office.
They should have in depth knowledge of the real estate industry.
They should cater to your real estate needs as their priority.
They should guide you and not bug you with your transaction.

These are some of the things that you should look for in a real estate broker but they are not limited to these. Your real estate broker should be your friend for your real estate requirements.

Here is a nice read about a real estate broker: http://redev.ph/broker-blogger-as-property-agent-build-long-…
Benny Smith, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Agree with those below. In McKeesport there are agents like myself that are ABR certified and charge little or no fee in addition to the money already offered by the seller. I can recommend a qualified agent in this area at no additional cost to you.
Benny Smith 412-498-7868
Lisa George, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Nov 26, 2012

You definitely want to have your own agent. If the home is listed with an agent, that agent will struggle to have both the seller and buyer's best interests in mind. You want someone on your side only that will fight to get you the best price possible. A common misconception is that you have to pay to use an agent. The seller is paying all of your agent's cost with the exception of a $295 one time fee. I think $295 is well worth the piece of mind, that you have someone on your side and only keeping your best interests in mind when taking on such a large purchase. I would be more than happy to assist you further. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your options.

Lisa George
RE/MAX Advanced REALTORS
724-513-1253
lisageorge@remax.net
Keith & Kins…, Agent, Verona, WI
Mon Nov 26, 2012
I definitely suggest using an agent to represent you. The listing agent represents and negotiates for the seller. My blog link below explains the benefits of a buyers agent. Within that link there's also a link to another post on choosing a real estate agent.
Virginia Stu…, Agent, Irwin, PA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Ask friends or family who they used for their purchases and ask for a recommendation. Use your own agent, rather than the listing agent, who might have a conflict of interest acting as a dual agent.