How do I sell a 4bd/2bth home in destin fl?

Asked by James Dunkle, Destin, FL Thu Jan 2, 2014

Pool,2 car garage, 1/4 acre. 329,000

Answers

11
Eric Hanson, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
The best way for you to sell your home is to do what a full-service Realtor® would do:

1. Visit similar properties currently for sale to gauge how yours compares.
2. Compile an accurate Comparative Market Analysis to correctly position your home on the market. Get a professional appraisal to confirm whether or not your expectations are realistic if the CMA is "disappointing".
3. Prepare an estimated costs worksheet. Know what your approximate "net" will be after closing costs.
4. De-clutter and/or stage (if appropriate) and deep-clean the property.
5. Insure that there's good curb-appeal. Buyers get a "feel" for the property the minute they drive up.
6. Get at least 24 professional photos taken and produce a video. Buyers are more drawn to properties that have good visual representation online; more than 85% of Buyers start shopping online.
7. Erect a sturdy "For Sale" sign equipped with "Property Information Sheets/Brochures" (if allowed).
8. Hold an Open House event for Realtors and the public. Your neighbors probably know someone
who would be interested in moving into the neighborhood. Send out over-size postcards to homeowners in a one-mile radius to "announce" the sale. (A Realtor® would also inform his/her sphere, increasing visibility. He/she would also insure that the property appears on a multitude of Real Estate websites.) And make sure you have plenty of color brochures and information sheets telling potential Buyers about all the upgrades & other positive aspects of the home & neighborhood. (Buyers can't buy it if they can't find it!)
9. If you're trying to "save money" by listing it yourself, make clear that you're willing to work with/ compensate a Realtor® who brings a qualified Buyer to contract. Offer realistic compensation to a Selling Agent: not only do they work very hard to bring a Buyer to contract on your property, they manage the Buyer's expectations through scheduling a professional home inspection and making sure the Buyer abides by the terms of/remains in contract. A smooth closing without surprises is very valuable to you, Mr.Dunkle.
10. Understand thoroughly the obligations of both Buyer and Seller according to the Contract. (As the Seller you have the ability to request the Buyer make their offer on a specific type of contract.)
11. Insure easy (yet secure) access to the property. Crate or remove animals (if appropriate), turn on lights, open shades/curtains and make yourself scarce unless you need to be there because you're trying to sell the home without the assistance of a Realtor®. If you have to be there, don't follow the Buyers around the house; remember you have brochures/info sheets that they can read as they tour your home.
12. If you're not using a Realtor® make sure you have a way to solicit feedback from showings. It's very valuable information you can use to make sure your home is being presented in the very best light.
13. Monitor your competition. Knowing what listings sold (and at what price), what new listings have entered the market, and what listings have expired will help insure your listing doesn't become stale. Sellers don't want Buyers to come to the house thinking "what's wrong with this place" or "the Seller might consider my low-ball offer" because it's been for sale for so long.
14. Know the difference between a Lender's pre-qualification letter and a pre-approval letter. Know which is more reliable & who the reliable Lenders are. Be prepared to negotiate with a Buyer (if they aren't offering full-price) and don't take things personally. It's a business transaction. Cool heads prevail and knowing what to expect goes a long way in arriving at a "meeting of the minds".
15. Congratulations! Come to closing with a reputable, reliable Title Company (that you've already interviewed) that communicates clearly and often with both you the Buyer.

If that seems like a lot, it is. That's why using a professional, full-service Realtor® brings Sellers higher sales prices, goes a long way in insuring a smooth, uneventful process under contract... and a clean, hassle-free closing.

Whether you're going to try to sell it on your own or would like to use the valuable services of a Realtor®... feel free to call on me any time. Thanks for posting a great question!

Eric Hanson
Realtor®
The Premier Property Group
495 Grand Blvd., Suite 201J
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
850.502.3742 (direct)
eric@theppg.net
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hello James, there are choices for you to make, and some considerations you should take into account. First of all, are you under water on a mortgage on the property? Is it a primary residence property or a vacation rental type property? What is your proximity to amenities--the bay or the beach? If you are under water, you might want to consider a short sale if your bank will discuss this possibility with you. What is the age of the property and have there been updates or upgrades made to the home. Do you currently live in the home? All of these types of questions need to be answered in a discussion with a real estate agent, who can give you a market analysis indicating the anticipated sale price of your home. You will want to see what is competing with you on the active market as well as what has sold in the past 6 months. If you try to do a for sale by owner, you probably will net less on the sale, because it is virtually impossible for you to get the same marketing coverage that a real estate agent can give you. That marketing coverage makes your property available to people who are not in the area, and 95% of all buyers are finding properties they are interested in on the internet. I would be happy to meet with you in a no obligation consultation to see what your needs are and what marketing techniques would work best for your situation. The consultation is no charge but might be very helpful to you.

With best wishes for your success,

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, SFR, ABR, Licensed Realtor
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hi James

Get in touch with many fine local Realtors.

Get an Understanding of what your home is worth?

The rest will be easy.

Ruth
Janet Liedtke, Home Buyer, Naples, FL
Sun Feb 16, 2014
Am looking for such a property as good rental and self use, but must be walking distance to beach? let me have some details and photos please. Email: liedtke33@gmail.com
Gilmore Erik…, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hi Mr. Dunkle,

I would be glad to help you sell your house. My team is one of the best in the area., At The Beach Team with Keller Williams Realty. Call me at 340-626-6814 to discuss. Thank you
Gilmore Erik…, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hi Mr. Dunkle,

Gilmore Erik…, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hi Mr Dunkle,

I would be glad to help. My team is one of the best in the area. Call me so we can discuss. Gil Erikson 340-626-6814.
Peter Mohyls…, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Property values in Destin are on the rise based largely upon limited availability of nice homes. Four bedroom properties are in demand and Spring Lake is a great subdivision. Get in touch with me and i can give you a evaluation of the value of your home and make some recomendastions on how to market it and sell it.
Peter Mohylsky
850-517-7098
Peteram@kw.com
Donna Gentle, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Good morning James. It is a great time to consider placing the property for sale. History shows that after a slow final quarter of the year, sales pick up after the 1st. We had a great year in Real Estate in 2013. so good, that inventory was low, new listings were selling for higher prices. Some listings did come on the market just too high and sales slowed. To sell a home in Destin, we would need to scrutinize the 'sold' properties - not the listings that haven't sold. We will take that info along with a number of other criteria including your investment, your pay-off amount, updating .... With the increased amount of Sales in 2013, we can get great comps Also we would look at the appraised value. If the property is priced higher than an appraised value, we would be weeding out all prospects using mortgages to purchase. At the price point we are talking about, that will eliminate a very large portion of potential buyers. After getting the right selling price, marketing & advertising are the next steps in getting the property sold. These are just a few of the items I do for my Destin Listings. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding the sale of the Destin 4/2 home. Please contact me anytime. Donna Gentle, SRS 850.533.6051 donna@donnagentle.com
BHG Emerald…, Agent, Destin, FL
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hi James:

You will hear a lot of different answers to this question but the bottom line is that unless I fully understand your objectives with this sale, it would be unfair to shoot you a quick answer. Keep in mind that selling a piece of real estate is one of the largest financial decisions an individual can make in their life time and many times is not taken seriously. My recommendation is to interview at least three FULL time REALTORS that have been in the business for some time to see which one you feel most comfortable with to engage in a business relationship.
Pat Perrotta…, Agent, Destin, FL
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Stats ShowYou'll Get a higher PriceBy ListiG with an Experienced Realtor. Call Me To See how much We Can get
850.830.5541 Pat Perrotta With Keller Williams