How do I search for houses for sale within a specific elementary school district?

Asked by Star0956, Nampa, ID Wed Oct 26, 2011

Desert Springs Elementary School in the Vallivue School District

Answers

6
Fred Knehans, Agent, Eagle, ID
Wed Oct 26, 2011
At the top of the Trulia.com web page move your cursor over the “Buy” tab a box will appear below the tab, select “More Options”. You will be directed to a new search page. On this page the 3rd line down enter the name of the school or city and state. You can adjust the radius to expand the search area it defaults to 1 mile.
If this does not provide you with the specific information you are looking for please contact me.

I would appreciate the opportunity to run specific searches for you on MLS and provide the results to you.

My specialty is locating properties for clients in Treasure Valley

Fred Knehans,
fred@loc8re.com
http://www.loc8re.com
Web Reference:  http://www.loc8re.com
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Wed Oct 26, 2011
I wrote a blog here on Trulia back in March about this very topic. You can read it here:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/BoiseBroker/2011/03/how_to_search…

The Nampa school district has a pretty good website that you can use to double check any home to see what schools are associated with each home.

Since you are targeting a certain type of property, it is important to work with a Realtor that understands how to use today's technology to help you find it. What I mean is that a Realtor (like me) that understands how to use the MLS as a database can have it search daily specifically on your behalf for your specific homes meeting YOUR criteria and push an email to you with any new matches or listing changes (if homes you looked at sold, have offers, price reduced, etc.)

For example, there are currently 23 homes listed for sale in our MLS for Desert Springs Elementary School. Seven of those already have contingent offers so that leaves 16 readily available. Some are brand new homes that are just priced out and not built yet while others are completed new homes. There are also some great deals on some bank owned (foreclosed) homes in that school district including a great 3 bedroom 2 bath home with a 2 car garage that is a five year old single level home with 1,239 sq. ft. for only $78,500!

Hope this helps! If so, give me a "thumbs up". Feel free to call with any other questions!
Jim
Sharon Walker, Agent, Boise, ID
Wed Oct 26, 2011
You can connect into my website which would show you what schools are on a particular property or you can search the MLS for homes and see their school district. Boundaries do change so you always need to check to see if the information is correct. Each school district also has boundary maps which show which school affects which area.

If you need further assistance, I can help. My website is below.
Joseph Stone, Agent, Nampa, ID
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Below is a great resource for Nampa School zones. You can search by address or by school.

As for searching on the MLS it can be done but will often miss a few homes or bring up home not within the boundary. This is because of the shifting nature of school lines and minor mistakes made on the listing. Best way I have found is use a good map surch and draw a picture of the school boundary that you are interested in.

Hear is a link to an excellent searching tool my company has.
http://www.searchpoint.net/Search/MapSearch.aspx?org_id=idsw…
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Oct 26, 2011
In California we can:
Contact a local Realtor and ask them to do it.

Good luck and may God bless
Shelley Green, Agent, Bethesda, MD
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Unfortunately, the MLS will not do searches within specific school districts due to the boundaries changing year to year. The best you can do is narrow down the search by the zipcodes within the school district and call the BOE or look up on their website to verify the schools for particular property addresses.