Katrina Curr…, Other/Just Looking in Mill Valley, CA

How do I obtain official county data about what my neighbor's home sold for last year in Palo Alto, CA?

Asked by Katrina Currier, Mill Valley, CA Tue Feb 5, 2008

Ask them? :) No, seriously, the below answers are correct. I'm pretty sure the Santa Clara County recorder's office has a public site that you can check this on. Zillow -- and Trulia for that matter -- will also have it. Or, your friendly neighborhood Realtor -- myself, for example :) -- can check on it for you as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2008
what is the address? I can probably provide you details
It's been 9 months since the sale and Trulia and zillow do not show the sale price. Why is this?
plug in address in Trulia or zillow and you will get details of what price it was sold for. No need to go to county office.
Katrina - just send me the address and I can get you that information.
You can go to the Santa Clara County Recorder's office and if the sale (Title Transfer) has been recorded, you'll find the information you want. Otherwise, ask your Realtor and he/she will likely be able to find and provide you with more details than the sales price. Good Luck!
See if your County Recorder has an online data base of properties. If so, go there. If not, call a realtor in your town who has access to the Public Records of homes. Usually, new sales are listed within 30 days of being recorded. Liz
have you tried Zillow.com? They usual list the recorded sales price about 30 days after the home closes.
I don't know how official this is but here's a place to start - http://www.realquest.com