Home Buying in Hahira>Question Details

Allen, Home Owner in Hahira, GA

How do I know if my realtor is disclosing everything to me about existing problems with a home purchase?

Asked by Allen, Hahira, GA Sat Feb 15, 2014

Your agents job as your fiduciary is to disclose whatever they know. If you don't trust your agent, you have the wrong agent.
Vera -

So you are transparent, in CA and want to have a cup of coffee and talk on the phone with a client in GA? Did you read the question before cutting and pasting that?
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
Hi Allen,
As a Buyer's Agent, your agent does not represent the Seller. They would generally not know anything about the property other than the information listed on the Seller's Property Disclosure statement.

The Listing Agent ALWAYS represents the Seller in the transaction. Unless legally required, not everything known by the Listing Agent must be disclosed to the Buying side of the transaction.
Web Reference: http://www.rodneymason.com
If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Flag Sat Feb 15, 2014
Allen, your post shows Hahira, GA, as the point of reference for this query, so I will answer based on what we have been taught is Georgia code. By writing "...if my realtor is disclosing everything..." leads me to conclude that you have entered into a Buyer Brokerage Agreement with an Agent or Broker separate from the Listing Broker/Agent. If that is the case, you are considered a Client of that 'Selling Broker' where the homeowner is a Client of the 'Listing Broker' in the Purchase and Sale of the property. That simply means both sides in the deal, by state law, have to be represented by those Brokers to the best of their ability. Disclosure is done on the Listing Broker's side of the table. There should be a Property Disclosure filled out and signed by the Owner that details both existing and past problems. Your representative should, at minimum, be able to coordinate this for you. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
Allan, I am a active Realtor in the Bay Area. I have list of references from clients whom I have served. I am transparent and I can put you in touch with my clients so they can tell you how they know that I am transparent. I always answer my phones. 510-289-4378. Please feel free to call me anytime and I love to meet you over coffee or just talk on the phone.
What does this have to do with the question that was asked? It is neither apparent or transparent....
Flag Sun Feb 16, 2014
Allan, have you entered into a representation agreement with your REALTOR? That means you signed something. This established what responsibility the REALTOR does and does not have regarding you. Let's assume you have hired a REALTOR to represent YOU.----------------- Your REALTOR has a fiduciary duty to share with you what they know to be factual. They are highly discouraged from making assumptions or making suggestions with not basis in facts. Your REALTOR can only share with you what they know. ---------------How do you know? Exactly the same way you know you got the best deal on that new car purchase. Exactly the same way you know you purchased the best Obamacare plan for you. Exactly the same way you know your mortgage lender is giving you the best rates and lowest costs. ---------The REALTOR will disclose what they know. The REALTOR will share with you the data provided by the agent or person on the other side. The REALTOR may seek confirming information for alternative sources. However, if you are seeking the assurance of a "guarantee" you may want to read again the HOME BUYING 101 book.