How do I know if I should offer more or less than the listing price in Chula Vista?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Is there a difference if I'm looking for a single family home versus a condo, or some other type of property?

Answers

2
Mike Lewis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2007
J.P.

Excellent question! You would need to hire a real estate agent with experience to help you. When you find a home that you like an agent should take the time to do a Buyers CMA for you. This will show you what homes have sold that are comparable to the home you want to write an offer on. The reason why you need an expert in the area you're writing the offer on is because they know what homes are on the market and what the trend is in that specific neighborhood. Many areas are trending down – most negotiations start with lower offers. When you see a home you like or need help with anything - send me an email. I'll be glad to help!

Mike Lewis eHomeConnect agent
Alan Shafran, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Make sure that you have looked at the most recent comparable sales list surrounding the home you are considering purchasing. List prices vary across the board, so pay attention to the market value, not the list price. One should use the same concept on a home vs. condo. Except with a home, one must pay more attention the comparable lot locations, sizes, shapes, and usability.