How do I know if I should offer more or less than the listing price in Turlock?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Is there a difference if I'm looking for a single family home versus a condo, or some other type of property?

Answers

3
Pamela Easton, Agent, Capitola, CA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Working with a real esate agent is of most importance in this market. Ask for an analysis of comparable properties specific to the one you are interested in. Although a lender, or appraiser will look at comparables as far as 6 months back - you need to an analysis showing 30, 60, and 90 days back. You need to look strongly at 'pending sales' and 'solds' within this time period.
Nino and Ami…, , Modesto, CA
Tue Jan 15, 2008
If you like the area, the house, and you know your own financial comfort level, buy the house you want at a price you can afford. As T. Harv Ecker says, "Don't wait to buy real estate. Buy real estate and wait." Now is a great time to move-up or buy-in, fix-up, and hold for the next 5-7 years. You should do fine.
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Tue Sep 18, 2007
A-h-h-h-h-h! Give hem an offer. It might be the best offer they have had in a year.

This market is really slow. Not many transactions going on.

I an not an expert on Turlock. But I am a property owner in Turlock.

I absolutely have my eye on the market.

Give it your best shot.