How do I go about locating a realtor in brooklyn,new york whom specializes in short sales?

Asked by Melanie, Brooklyn, NY Sat Mar 21, 2009

Answers

14
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Mar 21, 2009
Dear Melanie:

Simply by asking this question on Trulia.com you should find some!

I specialize in short sales and can help you, feel free to contact me at anytime.

I have a question for you, why is it that you are looking for a short sale?

Mitchell Feldman
Associate Broker
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Daniel Gersh…, Other Pro, New York, NE
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Any realtor should know how to "specialize" in a short sale as Gail said. Most RE agents now market themselves as having "short sales experience." Thats because everyone has been doing short sales. My advice as a Real Estate attorney is to get a referral from a friend or family member to a broker. If they're comfortable, you'll likely be as well. And be careful with those things. Ive handled several of them and they can fall apart in a blink of any eye depending on the bank. Its a whole new world out there. Good luck.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sat Mar 21, 2009
Any Realtor worth their weight should know, by this time, how to do short sales.

If you would like to be referred to a really top Realtor in Brooklyn, let me know what section of Brooklyn you are looking at and I will be happy to refer you. Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Alexander Ko…, Agent, BROOKLYN, NY
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Melanie,

You can call any reputable Broker in the area and they will be able to assist. This usually is not an issue as most qualified brokers will know the process
, ,
Tue Jun 19, 2012
Dear Melanie,

I am not sure from your post if you are a First-Time Buyer, but I've been helping First Time Buyers for 22 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay. It's a Buyer's Market, after all!

Trevor Curran
Steven Seidm…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue May 5, 2009
I specialize in short sales in the Brooklyn area, I do not charge any commison to do a short sale please contact me so I can assist you further

Steven Seidman PA
Exit top Properties
718-256-4000
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Tue May 5, 2009
Hello, actually my partner Pierre King, Associate Broker of Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield in Brooklyn has closed short sales, the latest one is at 657 Maple Street, which closed last month and he has others he is currently working on. Definitely you will need someone that is aggressive doing a short sale because it takes alot of skill, communication with the bank, the seller and many other parties that will be involed. The process is extensive and you must have an agent that has done a few to know the ins and outs and to come up with solutions to arising problems and so forth.

Give Mr. King a call and let him know I referred you. You are not obligated to use him, but he can give you some guidance until you make a final decision. Feel free to call him at 917-407-6697.
Click here to learn more about my partner Mr. King http://kandhhomes.com/AboutPierreKing.htm
Steven Seidm…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun May 3, 2009
I am a certified short sale specialist in the Brooklyn area I recieve work from banks and attorneys to assist their clients. I DONOT CHARGE THE SELLER A COMMISION TO COMPLETE A SHORT SALE. Feel free to contact me so I can better understand your current situation.

Steven Seidman
Exit Top Propeties
718-256-4000 Extention 105
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Hello, actually my partner, Mr. Pierre King, Associate Broker at Weichert Realtors, is involved in short sales and has successfully closed short sales as well.

Feel free to give him a call at 917-407-6697
Web Reference:  http://www.KandHhomes.com
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Mar 31, 2009
The best way to find an agent that specializes in short sales is to visit real estate offices in the areas where you are interested in buying a short sale home. Walk in and ask to speak with the broker/owner and he or she will match you with the correct agent.

Also, pull up some questions about the short sale process and let the agent explain it in detail to test his or her knowledge.
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Melanie,

Anyone who responds to the post can do a shortsale. Just keep in mind that every bank is different and the length of time to push one through varies from bank to bank.

Check out my blog on my website.
Web Reference:  http://www.uvpinc.net
Fajardo Dela…, , Flushing, NY
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Melanie
I have done short sales and work in the queens and brooklyn area.
If you have additional questions you can direct them to me.
My Direct # 347-813-1290.
Here is my website http://fajardodelacruz.realtors.officelive.com
or my e-mail delacruz.fajardo3@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Patrick Will…, Agent, Roosevelt, NY
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi, I have been a licensed real estate professional for over 13 years. I cover the areas of Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk. I am a Certified Buyer Representative and I have lots of experience negotiating Short Sales and specializing in single family - 4 Family home sales. I am a former Re/max Agent with several Sales Accomplishment Awards. Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal. Please call me direct (516)425-3764
Elaine Cooper, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Mar 21, 2009
Hi Melanie,

I would be glad to help you with a short sale. I am part of a team of short sale experts. Give me a call at 917-544-2662.

Elaine