How do I go about getting a realtor? I've sent emails, I havent gotten a phone call from one. Do I call or will they call me.?

Asked by Theresa Coleman, Bridgeport, MI Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

5
Alan May’s answer
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Theresa - the best way to reach a Realtor is to pick up the phone and call them. If you're clicking on "Contact a Realtor", here on Trulia... not every agent monitors their Trulia account regularly.
Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Sat Aug 11, 2012
Like Alan said, the best thing to do is to call them direct. If they don't get back with you in a reasonable time, call another one.

Once you get one on the phone, ask questions. If you feel a "connection," work with them exclusively.

It'll work out best that way.
Stephen Conn…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Fri Aug 10, 2012
I can refer a Remax agent in the area you are looking in. I am sure they will follow up. Best Regards, Steve
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Hi Theresa,

Ask friends and family for references. If they don't know of any, call a few local Brokerages (Real Estate offices) and 'interview' a few Realtors to see who you feel comfortable working with. You need to feel comfortable with the Realtor you hire because real estate is a very important investment.

Good luck!!!

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Aug 10, 2012
I am not sure where you are finding the email addy you are using. I am sure they are either dead or your email is not going through or they would return the contact attempt. Try calling if you see a number. We sometimes are harder to find but most all of us carry cell phones, smart phones and are eager to return your call. Try the Find A Pro feature here to find a Realtor in your area, it doesn't have to be the one listed next to the homes you see.