How do I go about finding out the steps I need to take as a first time home buyer with poor credit?

Asked by Michelle Torres, Doral, FL Fri Jan 24, 2014

Hi-
I am a single mom, never owned a home and my credit is to say the least poor, are there programs to help me? What can I do?

Answers

6
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
The first step would be to speak with a lender like myself that would be glad to help you. Also, do you know your exact scores? The minimum credit score that lenders like myself can do can be as low as 580. So if you can work up your score to 580 or above, then you will be in a much better position. The simplest way to fix your credit is to pay off your debt and revolving credit balance on time. It's also important to understand that your ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include debt, expenses, assets, employment, as well as down payment, income, and credit. So the best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan or refinance, feel free to contact me. Good luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
, ,
Tue Jan 28, 2014
The first step you take is to talk to a mortgage professional that can evaluate your credit and give you the guidance needed to improve your credit if even needed. As a direct lender we are able to take risk that others are not willing to take and offer home loans to individuals with less than perfect credit. Our minimum credit score requirment is only 580 and more often than not, it is not that difficult to get your there in a very short period of time. Contact me and we will get your started on the path to home ownership!

Reasons to choose Carrington Mortgage:

Industries lowest rates and fees
Fast service - 25 day close on time pledge or $500 off closing cost
Direct lender - no middleman/no broker fees
Non-traditional credit ok
Free prequalification’s
First time home buyers welcomed

Reasons to choose me:

Over a decade of experience
Assisted over 1,000 clients
Funded over $100 million in loans
Local trusted expert for FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA, and Jumbo Loans

Joshua Lerette - Sales Manager
Carrington Mortgage Services, Inc.
727-488-7355
Joshua.Lerette@Carringtonms.com
NMLS#237468
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Jan 24, 2014
I would suggest starting by talking with NACA, who can help you set a budget and work on your credit score.
Stan Tobiason, Agent, Twin Falls, ID
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Look up to see if there is a Rural Development office in your area and see if you can qualify for a loan that way. Not sure which areas in FL would qualify.

Web Reference:  http://www.StanTobiason.com
Simone Campos, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Good afternoon! The first step is indeed to talk with a mortgage broker for options. Call me and I will assist you with a private, free consultation. Thank you! Good luck!

Simone Campos, MBA
Realtor at Avanti Way
786-2109629
simonecw27@gmail.com
Fri Jan 24, 2014
The first step would be to speak with a lender like myself that would be glad to help you. Also, do you know your exact scores? The minimum credit score that lenders like myself can do can be as low as 580. So if you can work up your score to 580 or above, then you will be in a much better position. The simplest way to fix your credit is to pay off your debt and revolving credit balance on time. It's also important to understand that your ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include debt, expenses, assets, employment, as well as down payment, income, and credit. So the best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan or refinance, feel free to contact me. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com