How do I go about finding out the exact address of a foreclosed home and arranging a visit?

Asked by gianrussini, Lakewood, Dallas, TX Thu Sep 20, 2012

Answers

5
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Hi Gianrussini,

It will depends if the home has been listed on the market yet.

You can contact any agents in the area that would will able to send you an update on foreclosure list in the area.

I live in the Mstreet 75206 area, and there arent too many in the Lakewood area at the moment. If you can tell me what homes you are looking for, I would be happy to keep an eyes out for you since I live in the area.

You can email me at dixondfw@gmail.com and feel free to check out the listing in the lakewood area here - http://www.findyourtexashome.com/lakewood/

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Kim Nwachukwu, Agent, Irving, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
As everyone else has said, just because a home is foreclosed does not mean it is actively for sale. Foreclosed homes that ARE for sale are listing in our local MLS system and your agent can help you get into the home. If the home is not for sale yet you will unfortunately not be able to gain access to it. It can take months from the time a home actually forecloses at the sheriff's sale for it to be offered for sale on the open market. When the foreclosing lender has all of their due diligence done on the property and can pass a clear title to the new owner they will put the home on the open market through a local broker and will try to sell it for fair market value less what repairs the home needs.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
I can try to help you, but often if you are looking at something like realtytrac or trulia and there is no specific address, they are not really for sale. Also they often post the wrong prices. What they post is called NOD or notice of default. It's what happens when you miss a payment. That borrower could catch up and the house never go to foreclosure. If it does it could be a year or two before the foreclosure happens. Then it might be another year or two before the house goes on the market.
The reason I say the prices are often wrong as sometimes what gets posted is a second mortgage or back taxes....so if you see a price that just seems way too good to be true, normally it is.

Shoot me the information you have and I can try to research. Also I can send you a list of the foreclosures we currently have on the market in the area you want to live.

I also say look at everything on the market, not just the foreclosures. Sometimes you'll find better deals on regular resales or houses that are in much better condition.
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Ummm, if you don't know the address of a house you want, contact 1 Realtor of your choice and have him or her help you find a home.

Kenny
David Mitche…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
When the bank is ready to sell it will be listed in the local mls. At that time any realtor can schedule a showing with you.