How do I get the 8000 tax credit here in Utah?

Asked by Nkrohn, 84660 Sat Sep 4, 2010

I live in spanish fork and bought the house in June 2010. I was told I need the 1040x plus the 5045 form ( It all sounds like jiberish to me. Is this all i need?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sameer Punja…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Sat Sep 4, 2010
Just visit this site

they should have all the answers you need. Also yes, consult your CPA, as they know more than us. We sell homes not tax advice.
0 votes
Becky Nay, Agent, Riverton, UT
Sat Sep 4, 2010

It sounds as though you had bought in the time frame needed. So, good for you! But, we are not supposed to give out tax advise. We are not trained or licensed to do so. I would suggest that you speak with your tax advisor, CPA etc.

I hope you get it figured out.

Becky Nay, e-PRO, GRI, SFR
Keller Williams Realty
801-573-2077 Mobile
Web Reference:
0 votes
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Sat Sep 4, 2010
Did you close in June or purchase in June?

You had to have been under contract by April 30, 2010 and close by September 30, 2010 to be eligable for the tax credit. Homes purchased after that date do not qualify for the credit.

You could ask a tax accountant for help in filing for the credit.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more