How do I get started??? I want to buy a home but where to start??? I would like all the HELP I can get.

Asked by Maya, Mansfield, OH Mon Jun 25, 2012

Answers

10
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Maya...slow down.
Let us be clear, you are doing the right thing,,,getting information. The way you start your process will look an awful lot like the way it will end. So...lets do it RIGHT!

First, let's get a buyer's guide in your hands to familiarize you with the process and some of the terminology in play. I have incredible, generic guide for you. There is also a buyers guide here on Trulia. I've read it . It's better than no guide at all.

Next, you need meet with a real estate professional. Have a discussion regarding your situation and your goals. The agent will then direct you to the next appropriate resource.

This may be to an investor who will finance the buyer, to a lender who provides mortgages matching your situation, to a lender who has a proven track record of closing on time and within budget. In some cases a bit of credit stableazation is needed and a local lender is a great resource.
Find an "A" or "B" graded lender near you at:
http://www.BankingGrades.com

As you can see, your selection of real estate professional will have a significant influence on your experience and success. IF you are serious about making a home purchase, you need to call one of the agents in your area who has responded.
No, don't click that 'contact' link.
No, don't email.
Go old school, CALL, if you are serious.

Best of success to you.
Annette Lawrnce, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
Chat with me on -
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEASY.com
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Save Money. Check your credit. Unlike the prior poster I would talk with a good agent first, and then get a referral to a lender. All lenders are not alike. I wouldn't want you picking someone off the internet and thinking the answer he gives you is the only answer for you. An agent can learn about your situation and then match you to a preferred lender. Hopefully. Best of luck to you!
Thank you VERY much. Ive got a hold of my credit just lost on the idea of that grown up decsion of making a purchase. I have heard that you can go to your local library for help or classes for FHA loans. Well my next step is to find a agent again thank you very much.
Flag Mon Jun 25, 2012
Chris Varjan, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Mar 7, 2014
HI Kathleen,

A great place to start is to get in touch with a mortgage broker to see what type of house you can afford. Then we can go together to look at houses in your price range to find a place that you love. Hope this helps.
Kathleen Rea…, Home Buyer, Mansfield, OH
Fri Mar 7, 2014
how do i find home loans with low credit
Adria Thomps…, Agent, Columbus, OH
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Hi Maya,

I just came across your question. I don't how far along you are in the process or if you have purchased yet, but I grew up in the area, am a licensed Realtor and I would be happy to help you. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or still need assistance!

Thanks!

Adria Thompson
(740) 777-0914
email2adria@gmail.com
Holly Zehner, Agent, Mansfield, OH
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Hi Maya-

The best first step to take would be to speak with a mortgage lender to obtain a pre-approval. Interest rates are great, so it is definitely an ideal time to buy a home. The mortgage lender will be able to give you a price range to stay in, so you know how much home you can afford. Then, you will want to work with a buyer's agent who can show you any home that you would like to see. My name is Holly Zehner, and I am a realtor with Sluss Realty. After you get pre-approved, please give me a call and tell me what you are looking for in a home. I will do a search of all available homes in the area, and we can take a look at any of the homes you like.

Thanks!
Holly Zehner

419 564 5813, call or text
HollyZehner@yahoo.com
Marilyn Arno…, Agent, Mansfield, OH
Tue Jun 26, 2012
You need to contact Realtor in your area they will help you with a lender. The lender will show you how much you can afford. Then the Realtor will show you property in your price range. I am a Realtor. Would be glad to help you in Mansfield Marilyn Arnold marilyn@marilynarnold.com
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hi Maya,
The very first step in home buying process is to get your financing in order unless you are buying with cash so that you know how much you are pre-qualified for. Now, even though you are pre-qualified by a local and comptent local loan officer for an x amount, find out the estimated monthly payment encompassing everything like principal and interest, PMI if applicable, HOA if applicable and property taxes.

You have to discuss also the out-of-pocket expense inherent in a purchase like closing costs and down payment. There are so many variables that can change your monthly payment.

Two professionals should work together in this process to get you going:Your loan officer and your local realtor.

Here is a basic video guideline for you to watch to understand the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h…
Duane Johnst…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hi Maya,

To start, you should talk with a loan officer just to find out what your credit is and if anything needs to be taken care of. Call Angela Spicer at Howard Hanna Mortgage, she will be happy to work with you and guide you through the mortgage process. Her number is 216-973-8962. Next, talk with me as I will help you through the home buying process.
I can be reached anytime at my number listed here.
Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
330-752-4892
duanejohnston@howardhanna.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jun 25, 2012
MAYA your first step should be to meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost. You should then hire a buyer broker who can assist yiou in your search and home buying.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Thank you
Flag Mon Jun 25, 2012