How do I get my Property taxes reviewed?

Asked by L_m_mcdowell, Brecksville, OH Wed Oct 3, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kathy Mansfield ABR CNE’s answer
Kathy Mansfi…, Agent, N Canton, OH
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Pleae check with your Cuyahoga County Auditor. They review either once or twice a year and you will need to fill out some paperwork. Contact a Realtor to help with a Comparable Market Analysis which will need to be submitted. Hope this helps!
0 votes
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Hi Home Owner,
I suggest that you contact your local tax assessor's office to find out what the process is for having your property taxes re-evaluated.

Here is the link to the city of Akron's website which you may find helpful:

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes
R. Ryan Bowm…, Agent, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Summit County review appeals for taxes every year, Cutoff date is March 31st to apply. I believe it doesn't open for requests until Jan 1st. I also believe that Cuyahoga County is similar. I would call the auditors office. Here is a link to the inquiry form page on their website
0 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Wed Oct 3, 2012
The firt quarter in is the time for tax appeals in the state of ohio. There should be a form on the county auditors site at that time that you can print and file. Be prepared to submit comparable sales to substantiate your objestion.
0 votes
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Call the housing department of your municipality and ask them what is the procedure to challenge your property taxes. They will help you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more