How do I get free listings for government tax foreclosure homes in Los Angeles?

Asked by Hoganzswing, Los Angeles, CA Mon Feb 18, 2008

Answers

5
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2008
This is what I found on the county website. The link below should take you to the auction information. I don't think you can use financing with these type of sales.
Los Angeles County does not sell Certificates of Tax Liens nor does any other County in California at this time. Auctions of Tax Defaulted property are generally held twice a year. Anyone who can legally own property can bid on a property. Registration is required with a deposit that will be applied to a purchase or refunded if not used to purchase a property. Terms are cash or cashiers checks only payable at the auction immediately upon being awarded the sale by the auctioneer. If the sale is over $5,000, a 10% or $5,000 deposit must be paid at the time of the sale and the balance must be paid within 30 days. The deposit is forfeited if the sale is not completed timely
Ray Calnan, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2008
I should have stated this before, but rather than focus on Tax Auctions you may want to broaden your search on investments. Tax Auctions are only one way to find good investments, there are numerous others.

Good Luck.
L.A. Real Es…, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2008
The answers given to you here are correct. Also, I want to add that a great majority of those homes that are schedulded to be auctioned do not make it to the final auction for a number of reasons. So what happens is people do their homework and attend the auction prepared to buy, but the property they were looking into doesnt ever even come up for auction. Be cautious of those scenarios as well.
Good Luck to you.
Lou Arakelian
LA Real Estate Group
http://www.MyLARealEstateGroup.com
info@myLARealEstateGroup.com
Ed Torrez, Agent, City of Industry, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2008
The information that has been provided is correct. Check-out the link to get the cost for the Auction Book. If you've never gone to a Tax Lien Auction, you should attend one first. I think you just missed the Auction, February 11 and 12, 2008 @ 9:00 A.M. Good luck next year.
Ray Calnan, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2008
There is really no way to get free lsitings of tax auctions. You can purchase the list of foreclosed properties that will be auctioned at the following link http://ttc.lacounty.gov/. Please be sure to really investigate what you are buying including if there are any other liens on the property.

Feel free to give me a call if you need any further information.