How do I get a listing of forcloser homes or auctions for free????

Asked by Dbuccio, Wilmington, DE Wed Apr 22, 2009

Answers

3
Diane Riffee’s answer
Diane Riffee, , Wilmington, DE
Sat May 2, 2009
While not exactly free, you can go the Sherriff's office at the county building on French Street and for $10 buy the current month's listings of properties in foreclosure. It will give you a good starting point as far as checing what liens are out against the property. You must then do your own due diligence and do a title search of liens. This can also be done through the county records. If you have an attorney friend, and are interested in a particular property, for a small fee he can pull a lien search for you.

Best of luck. And let me know if I can help you further. -Diane
Christopher…, Agent, Hockessin, DE
Wed Apr 22, 2009
I work with many investors and keep lists of distressed homes by city in New Castle County. I would be happy to send properties directly to your email address if you let me know what you are looking for in a property. Don't hesitate to contact me for additional assistance. Have a great day........................................chris

patakirealestate@gmail.com
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Hello D and thanks for your question.

Most Realtors have access through their brokerage firms, which pay fees for the services, to obtain a current list of foreclosure and preforeclosure homes in your area. Talk with your real estate professional for assistance. Otherwise, the only other way to get this information is to go to the County Recorder's office to research the list of preforeclosure and foreclosure properties as they are recorded and made a part of the public record.

If you wish to subscribe to any of the available services, Dataquick, RealtyTrac and Foreclosure Radar, the fees are moderate, but the information can sometimes be inaccurate, so it still requires some checking through a government office to confirm the status of the foreclosure.

Good luck and happy house hunting!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
.