Home Buying in San Gabriel>Question Details

Marceltomlin, Home Buyer in San Gabriel, CA

How do I get a copy of the CC&R and or HOA's for my neighborhood? I know we were given one 17 years ago but I have know idea where I put it.

Asked by Marceltomlin, San Gabriel, CA Wed Sep 19, 2012

9103Bungalow Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758
Marceltomlin@yahoo.com
Thank you in advance for your help.

Answers

8
Angelika.king’s answer
I am the president of my condo complex, and I always have extra copies of our CC&R available. Your first stop should be to contact your president. If she/he does not have a copy available, they should be able to direct you to whoever does.
These are public record.
You can go to a nearby title company and ask them to pull you a copy.
There may be a small charge.
HOA will charge you more for it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 20, 2012
You can always ask your HOA for a copy...Typically HOA will charge you a "Service Fee".
If you want to save some money, you can always ask your neighbor if they have a copy and copy it yourself...
As you acknowledge, resident usually have a copy:
Why not know on your neighbor's door, ask them if you borrow theirs, and take it to Kinkos.
Make sure it is recent copy; they are amending it all the time.
If you know who the Hoa president is, you can ask him for a copy or get the name and address of the hoa property management and request it from them. You may need to pay a fee to get it.
A title company which Realtors have access to can help you find out the HOA name so you can locate the property management company. Best wishes, Camelia Vera , San Gabriel Valley Realtor
Both previous answers are correct - check with whomever manages the HOA.
Chances are you are going to have to go to your hoa and order a set of documents...there may be a fee. I don't believe this is something a Realtor can do for you.
Do you have any type of company managing your hoa? Who do you make the payment to? Ask them
I don't have an association and I don't pay anything since 1981. Non of the houses in the block pay for any association. We are responsible for our own. Now I'm refinancing and the Tittle company needs a CC&R
Flag Mon Jun 13, 2016