How do I find row houses (or any other places) for sale that are both residential and retail?

Asked by Beta, Washington, DC Thu Jan 16, 2014

Answers

6
Robert Hanson, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Olney, MD
Fri Jan 17, 2014
Hi Beta,

Start with a realtor experiencd in mixed use properties. However, atthe same time you need to talk to an experienced lender. Depending on the specific make-up of the property it may be able to be a residential non-commercial purpose which will make a significant differnce in the terms of financing that you will be able to obtain.

You will want to avoid having this be commercial financing if possible and to do so you will need a lender to lay out the criteria you and your realtor should be looking for in the property.

I'm available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage. Everyone likes to raise their score!

If you like my answer, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Dante Washng…, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jan 16, 2014
check out this site or give me a call my brokerage firm handles residential and commercial properties 202 725 7340
Web Reference:  http://dchomesforsell.com
Harris M. We…, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jan 16, 2014
If you could give me a little info about what you're looking for, I would be happy to help.
Wanting to start my own business but rent in retail areas are too high so trying to see if I should just buy something that can be both business and residential. Looking for something on Wisconsin or Connecticut Ave.'s from Cleveland Park/Glover up to Chevy Chase, DC preferably
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014
brent mendel…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bethesda, MD
Thu Jan 16, 2014
I know two excellent local realtors who could assist. That is somewhat specialized. Feel free to contact me if you would like an introduction.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
Nmls #111407
DC Sundland, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Buildings that include both residential and retail would fall under the "commercial" category, and your best bet for success in seeking those properties is to contact an agent that specializes in such properties. I can put you in touch with a great commercial agent in my office if you would like. He's outstanding at tracking down commercial properties that meet all of his clients' needs.

-D.C. Sundland
dcsundland@stagesre.com
202-300-9151
Is your agent very familiar with DC?
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014
Kelly Putz, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Hi Beta,

You'll have to use a Realtor. Trulia and other real estate sites are not set up with commercial or mixed-use properties viewable on their sites, but they are listed in our local MLS and searchable by us. I'd be happy to help you find a property. I work with a lot of investors and I have a commercial department in my office that works REO listings off-MLS.