How do I find out when a house was purchased?

Asked by Dawn, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jun 20, 2008

Answers

7
Cindy, Home Buyer, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Sun Jul 6, 2008
look on the taxes site for that area. it will give you the date sold, the new owners and the amount they paid.
Ken Henderson, , Philadelphia, PA
Wed Jun 25, 2008
Dawn, in Philadelphia and Montgomery County there is usually a time delay. If you are in need of recent information and the home was listed, tcontact your real estate agent who could get this info from the local MLS. If the home was purchased recently through for sale by owner you will have to wait until the public records are updated.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Donna Saylor…, , Malvern, PA
Sun Jun 22, 2008
If the house is in Montgomery County you can go to the county website and the information can be found under the Recorder of Deeds. Here's the link -

http://mway.montcopa.org/mway/cwp/view,a,3,Q,11698.asp

If you don't wish to look it up, just email the address and we will pull the information and get it over to you.
Rose Sawyer, Agent, Hamlin, PA
Fri Jun 20, 2008
If you have a buyer agency agreement with your realtor, then they can find that information for you. If not, then simply go to the county website and look it up; most counties have that information posted.
Melinda Nich…, , Allentown, PA
Fri Jun 20, 2008
You can go to the court house and do a title search. Deeds/Titles are public record. Or does your local newspaper print when homes are sold. Sometimes the paper has a section that is in once a week that lists all the homes that where sold, the date of sale and the purchase amount. Hope this is helpful

Melinda Nicholson
Prudential Patt White
610-762-9335

I am never to busy for your referrals
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Fri Jun 20, 2008
If you message me the address, I can get that information for you.
Jan Ostler-W…, Agent, Atlantic Beach, FL
Fri Jun 20, 2008
Typically the information is posted on the clerk of courts website with your city or the property appraiser's office.