Goinhome, Home Buyer in Marvell, AR

How do I find if someone has a lien against my property?

Asked by Goinhome, Marvell, AR Mon Jun 20, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Tue Jun 21, 2011
If you are thinking of making a purchase, then you will need a title company to help you close it. I would figure out who you are going to use and then ask them to do a preliminary title search for you. They should do this for you for free and quickly be able to tell you if there are any obvious title issues. Of you are working with a Realtor, have your realtor ask for you. I have done this several times and the title company I work with is always willing to do this preliminary work.
0 votes
Julann Carney, Agent, North Little Rock, AR
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Your best bet is to call your local county clerk (court clerk) to find out if your name or your property has ever had a court action or lien. Some liens can be disputed. If you determine that a lien has been filed that you are not aware of you can either contact the party that has filed the lien or contact an attorney to help you relieve it.
Best of luck!
Julann Carney
0 votes
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Hello Goinhome,
You may wish to inquire with the local tax assessor's office as the lien would be recorded there.
Here is a link with information on who you can contact in Marvell:


Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jun 20, 2011
You can search for recorded liens through a title Co. Contact your realtor and ask for a title search.
0 votes
Derek Raynor, , 90027
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Obtain a title report.
This should tell you everything. Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more