rvkishjr, Other/Just Looking in Charlotte, NC

How do I find historical single family home sales prices for a specific zip code?

Asked by rvkishjr, Charlotte, NC Sun Jul 28, 2013

Good evening, RVKishJr
The easy way to do this is to look at historical sales records from the multiple listings for a particular time period. Records go back several decades. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Hello Kish,

In our MLS, we key in the year built and the zip code to get the data on historical homes. You may have to search beyond a specific zip code to find a similar sale. Also, quite a few of the historical homes in Charlotte metro are now used as law offices, small business offices, or bed & breakfast businesses. The Morehead Inn and the Van Landingham Estate are great examples of historic homes which are now catering and inn venues.

From your question I can not tell if you need access to a data base of home sales or if you are needed a data base of homes designated "HISTORICAL."
Since you are on the internet you know the former is easy. Lots and lots of organizations like Trula and Zilllow pretend to provde such data. Too many people beleive what they don't know can't hurt them.
The latter will require hiring the services of a real estate professional who has access to a more refined, accurate, timely and comprehenisve database. The agent will be required to sort through each listed and sold home to confirm the "historical' status AND table to attributes for your beneift.
Two Charlotte, NC, agent have raised their hands already. If you are serious, you will give them a call. If you are not serious, use the 'contact' link.

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
It is tough to find historical sales prices for a specific zip code. As far as I know this is something you would need a Realtor to help you out with. We have access to a larger database and more resources for a search designed this way than you do.

I would be happy to help you out in locating the necessary information for you. Please feel free to either e-mail me or call me at 704-519-7895.

Dave diCecco
Coldwell Banker United
Hi Home Buyer,

When looking for any home historical or not key in the age of homes. If Trulia does not allow this please email me at JudyOsborne@pinevilledsl.net and I will email you the homes in the zip code and older historical homes. The Charlotte area does not have many because most have been removed and new homes or business has been rebuild. Osborne Realty will send you what ever is on the market.

Judy Osborne
I have a spectacular historic home listed at 1233 General Hoke in Lincolnton. Just 30 mins from Mooresvilke and max 45 mins from Charlotte Douglas International Airport. 10.6 acres included! Message me if you would like additional information!