How do I find a good Home Buyer's Agent in the Lake Las Vegas area?

Asked by Hoss Parhizkar, Southampton, UK Thu Nov 15, 2007

What kind of credentials do Home buyer's agents need to have?

Answers

7
Jeanne Feenick’s answer
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Warren, NJ
Thu Oct 21, 2010
Hi Hoss, lots of recommendations to turn to Realtor.com - I say, start right where you are - here on Trulia. You've already got a few local agents who have taken the time to respond - compliment that with a visit to the "Find a Pro" section - specify Las Vegas and review the profiles, testimonials, experience and credentials of the agents and pick a short list. Then interview several and select the one that works the way you do and has the qualities that you are looking for. Credential wise, I would put knowledge, commitment, availability and responsiveness at the top of the list. Also, find one that "works the way you do" - communicates the way you do (email, cell, text...) and has the online skills and analytic know how to add real value to your effort.

As far as I am concerned, you've come to the right place to find a great agent - we are all here, so have some fun picking a good one. I'm in New Jersey, if your interests ever come this way, I'll be here and ready to assist.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Thu Nov 15, 2007
Look to the agent Yellow Pages section in Realtor.com if you do not find an agent in the area that responds here. Good luck in your search.
Kurt Thomas, , 81501
Thu Nov 15, 2007
I suggest that you speak to a few potential agents that may represent you. Have you started working with a lender that you trust? If so as him/her if they could refer one to you.
Sounds like it may be your first home purchase, if so be up front with the agent and let them know that you may need a little bit more of that agents time than the typical buyer.
I dont work in your area but my personal opinion on first time home buyers is that they are worth the extra time and effort. One reason we are in this business is to hellp people realize a dream of owning a home.
Ashley, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Oct 21, 2010
I agree with Kurt.
I see you are from the UK.
Possibly exploring the autobiographies of local candidates would be your best start, as well as reviewing a resume.
If you lived in the US I would suggest the same and telephone support.
A website is something that is engineered by a webmaster, not a real estate professional.
I see that someone has recommended that the candidate have certain real estate designations. I agree, but only partially.
These designations require only a certain amount of hours spent in a classroom, so a weighted average of experience, education and longevity in the profession would be my best suggestion.
Clearly this is a people industry. You most likely may want to like the person you are working with as well :-)
So
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Jul 6, 2009
look for an agent in Realtor.com who is an ABR, Accrediteed Buyers Representative and or CRS Certified Residential Specialists. These agents have taken advanced course work to better serve your needs.
John Goad, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Nov 15, 2007
I would highly recommend a member of my team..Sheila Egger. Not only does she specialize in working with buyers, but she also worked as a New Home sales agent in Lake Las Vegas for over 4 years. So she knows the homes well and can advise you of the pluses and minuses of the different builder and homes in Lake Las Vegas. Feel free to call or e-mail me and I will pass along your contact information to Sheila.

John Goad, Jr.
of The Goad Team
Century 21 Infinity
(702) 460-3782
JohnJr@GoadTeam.com
Web Reference:  http://www.GoadTeam.com
Bill Johnson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Nov 15, 2007
How do you define good and what specific need do you have. Visit my site at http://www.JohnsonVegasHomes.com. I have handle transactions in Lake Las Vegas and can assist with what ever needs you may have.