How do I find A lender here in this area ? Cary? Any ideal would be help ful ? What do I ask a lender and what do I need to get together before?

Asked by Helen, Cary, NC Wed Jul 18, 2012

We see a lender? C. Report/.Work proof? Or will all this need to be done thur the lender/ Will it cost me to see a lender ? We like to get pre Quaility ( we are frist time Home owner never bought before ). Any good work book I could get from the Lib.? I just like to know the question before we jump into this and like to be well prepared for things !! As you can quest with all my question I will Keep each person in mind someone in the local area , We like to start in the next few months and maybe be have a place by fall!! Sound nice but again we not in a rush and really want to take time and find the home we will retire in !! Thanks

Answers

9
Michael Colv…, Agent,
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Hello
I would reccomens Starkey Mortgage, they are local Audra Ange 919 491 8369
I would always compare 2 lenders, my other choice would be a local bank.
Michael
John Davison, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Helen,

I work consistently with three lenders, all of whom fit a different need and a different type of client. There are many considerations when determining the best loan product for you, so don't get hung up on interest rates alone. Besides, every lender will be in the same ball park on rates, it's the expenses and the services that will differentiate one from the other. Regardless of who you choose, you should select someone who has an intimate working relationship with your Realtor. These two parties will work hand in hand throughout the transaction, so the choices are very important. It is key to select a team of professionals who have a prior working relationship with one another and have a strong desire to perform well for one another, keeping in mind that they will be working again together in the future. In an arrangement like this, all parties will always go the extra mile because they are supporting one another in their overall business efforts. This will also apply to the inspectors, insurance agent, and tradesmen that you will want on your team throughout the transaction. I have a proven, dedicated and reliable team of professionals that I have used for years. When you are ready to start to seriously look, feel free to call me. You should plan on a 45-60 day window, PLUS the amount of time your spend actually looking at homes, from the beginning of your serach to the closing.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Helen,

I would highly recommend River Community Bank in Cary. I would ask to speak with Todd Barbour and tell him you would like to get pre-approved.

I've attached a link below to an article I've published here on my Trulia Blog specifically for first time buyers for you. In addition I would suggest you look at my blog titled How to choose a Realtor also here on Trulia.

I specialize in Buyer side brokering and enjoy working with first time buyers like yourself, if you're interested in speaking with me please contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia.

Good Luck and Happy House Hunting.
Binny Joseph, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Contact Suzie Levora of Myers Park she always give the best rate in the market
Mary Margaret…, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Hi Helen,

Here is a link to some information that you will hopefully find helpful as a first time buyer.http://www.myraleighcaryhomes.com/buyerssellers/buyers/. If for some reason the link does not work, please go to MyRaleighCaryHomes.com and click on the buyer tab. One of the articles "Lets Talk About Money" tells you some of the information you need to get together for the lender.

There are several great lenders listed on the Resource page. I would suggest you give several of them a call to see what programs they can offer you, costs etc. There are programs for first time buyers specifically that may be perfect for you. It costs you nothing.

Once you have gotten pre-qualified, I would love to meet with you and give you a free copy of our Buyers Booklet and help guide you through the process. I look forward to hearing from you so don't hesitate to call. (919) 434 9395

Mary Margaret Tate, Broker Associate, RE/MAX United
Kelli Kaspar, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Helen, you may also want to check with a mortgage broker. They can look into multiple lenders at once to find you the best deal. Also choosing one with local, in house processing and underwriting is key as well. Chris Murray with Corporate Investors Mortgage Group is a great one and can be reached at 919.676.1111.
Judy Edwards, Agent, Apex, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Hi Helen! I have a great Lender, Jennifer Johns at Wells Fargo 919-805-0720 -she and I work together all the time. Please call me once Jennifer has you pre-qulaified and I can find you the perfect home. Welcome to NC :) Judy Edwards, Selling Directly Real Estate 919-522-8846
Linda Morris, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
I know a great lender in Cary! His name is Larry Dugger with River Community Bank - 919.795.7038 office or 919.459.1307. He's never left me at the altar!! closed a lot of houses with him! He can let you know what he needs to get you pre-approved!!
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
If you have a bank you deal with go there and sit down with a loan officer and ask questions. That costs nothing and they can do a prequalification and let you know the chances of getting a loan. Once you find out if you likely can get a loan then find a Realtor to work with. An experienced Realtor will be able to guide you and show you homes in your price range the lender told you. So far all this costs you $ZERO.