How do I convert Section 8 into a HUD homeowner's voucher?

Asked by Lashana D. Leigh, Snellville, GA Fri Jun 1, 2012

I am a new graduate and would be moving to another state.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Check with your caseworker, also see link below for local home buying in your state...
0 votes
Lashana D. L…, Renter, Snellville, GA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
You have to have worked for a year and be a first time homebuyer. I just earned my bachelor's degree and will be starting a new job soon, so by the time I finish my dual Masters MBA/MS ( which I just started), I am sure I will no longer qualify. But hopefully some other single mother can benefit from this information.
It is important that I earn a good living to give back and help programs like this to continue to give a hand up to those who truly want to better themselves.
0 votes
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
So you can now convert Sec 8 vouchers to some kind of assistance for purchase? I know nothing of this but would love to know. Hopefully someone here can answer your question.... (because inquiring minds want to know). But, I suspect you really should be talking to your Sec 8 office.

And PSST... Jeremiah - Sec 8 is not a hand out it is a hand up - at least when managed properly. Sure there are opportunities for fraud and IMHO those situations should be dealt with much more swiftly and severely than they often are (varies by housing agency). HOWEVER, I bet you don't know that you can have a Sec 8 voucher that doesn't result in ANY payment on your behalf if your income increases... and that the max income level for a Sec 8 voucher recipient is 80% of the median income.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more