How do I compare 2 family homes in above 750K range? How can I find what is market price? Do I use sq ft & avg area price or is there some better?

Asked by Willie, Staten Island, NY Mon Oct 7, 2013

I see several homes different prices. Want to break them down to a common cost factor to determine value. Seems below 2800 sq ft too small & above 3500 sq.ft too big. Want to factor taxes & utilities into equation. Is there a good place to look for this information? Been looking at Crown, Edgegrove, Ramona & Rathbun homes. Several on each block want to analyze. Some are out of my price range but I still want to compare value. Can I factor out some of the feel good factors to come up with a hard number? Where can I get that info?

Answers

5
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Since there are no websites that accurately let you compare homes, you need either an appraiser or a Realtor.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com
http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Why not simply work with an agent of your own who can provide such information and more. Keep in mind that square footage costs do vary, and don't account for location and other considerations; therefore, it's really in your best interest to review closed recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, and their final sales price...
Irina Nusink…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Oct 10, 2013
PRICE is depend on SIZE of the HOUSE and SIZE of the LAND. CONDITION - great factor. GARAGE , BASEMENT, POOL -added more value. LATEST UPDATES - you must consider. Have more questions? You know what to do...
Jill Subes, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Mon Oct 7, 2013
There is no hard number, Location, building size, lot size, layout, condition all contribute to the price of the home. They all sound like excellent blocks on the South Shore, You have to decide which you like the most and which is the best bang for the buck.
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Oct 7, 2013
find a good Realtor in your area who will do a market analysis of these properties for you., As Realtors, we have tools that are not generally available to the public.