How do I become a REO Contractor??

Asked by gpdrgrowley, Ottawa, IL Sun Aug 19, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Franceakite, Home Buyer, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 10, 2015
Do some research about agents in your area that specialize in listing bank owned properties by looking thru local real estate magazines and newspapers. Agents usually advertise these properties as "investor specials, bank owned, corporate owned or REO's". Introduce yourself in person to those agents and give them your contact information, card etc. It is hard to find good help these days and putting a face with name makes you look more professional and eager to work.

Good luck.

Web Reference:
1 vote
Peter Kedzior, Agent, Elk Grove Village, IL
Mon Aug 20, 2012
In our market, 80% of REO properties are owned by the "Big Five": Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, BAC, Chase and Wells Fargo. Their websites (after some digging) will guide you through the process of getting on their list of approved contractors. Good luck!
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Get licensed, get insured and then contact the leading local listing agents who handlethe preservation tasks. offer freeestimates, a good price, do good work and they will hire you back. There are national compoanies that may have even more work, but wiull pay less and have much more strict rules that you must follow, but it is steady work.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Ottawa Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more