How do I add someone to my deed and reserve the right to take them off if they fail to meet agreed upon conditions?

Asked by Shelby Terwell, Florence, KY Thu Nov 28, 2013

I need to add someone to my deed, but want to reserve the right to take them off if they fail to keep good on conditions that we agree upon. What would be the best, least expensive way to do this?

Answers

9
Stephen Shie…, Agent, Cincinnatiq, OH
Thu Nov 28, 2013
# 1 Contact an attorney
#2 Why do you want to do that? Depending on the answer to that question, there may be another way to accomplish your purpose.
Steve
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Thu Nov 28, 2013
It's not actually a "deed restriction," I don't think. What you are asking to do isn't that simple. You can't add somebody and then just remove them. In other words, removing them will take the agreement of the other party, you can't just "kick them off" of the deed.

Call a local title company, they can help you with this. It will cost you about $150 to add somebody to the deed in Ohio.
Cory Jennewe…, Agent, West Chester, OH
Fri Jan 31, 2014
I work with the attorneys at American Homeland Title they should be able to help.
Tracy Marche…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Ask your attorney to draft the new deed.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Thu Nov 28, 2013
This is really a legal question. I would suggest you contact an attorney. Real Estate Professionals are not lawyers and are not permitted to answer legal questions.
Susanne Anton, Agent, West Chester, OH
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Why do you want to add them to your deed? Depending on the answer to that question, there may be another solution.
Susanne Anton, Agent, West Chester, OH
Thu Nov 28, 2013
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Thu Nov 28, 2013
This is a deed restriction, ask your title company to complete this for you.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Thu Nov 28, 2013
You need to consult an attorney.